AC:HHD Happy Home Designer explained and the differences between New Leaf and it

• Thread starter spagooti
  • Start date
S

spagooti

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hi! So I've seen a lot of threads being made asking if they should get HHD, so I'm gonna help you all and explain it and who it'd be good for.

So, Happy Home Designer is a game where you are hired by Nook's Homes to furnish houses for the villagers. You get to place their houses, as well. Once you're further into the game you can also decorate the outside of the house, or the lawn. You can make multiple rooms in the house, but I've only gotten so far to where you can have two rooms, you can choose which door it's at, as well, but it's the smallest size available. I'm not sure if you can make it bigger later on.

After you get so far into the game, a feature become available where you can spend Play Coins (No, not the ones from Pedia, the ones on your 3DS you get from walking) and buy new features! With these you can buy things such as Ceiling Decor, Custom Designs, Windows, Sounds, Refurbishing, and so much more! The amount of Play Coins these cost depends on what you're buying and the importance of it, as well. So make sure to take your 3DS with you on walks!

Also after a while Isabelle will come to your town asking you if you want to build a school. You can choose when you want to build this school, like you can just talk to her at the beginning of the day and you can choose whether or not to start the school. After you build this, a new feature becomes available which allows you to build and furnish the abandoned buildings outside.

I forgot to mention that you can only do one house per in game day. When you start up the game (seeing as you'd not saved while doing a house, I'll get to that later) you're at Nook's Homes, and if you walk outside and talk to a villager, you can accept if you want to furnish their house or not. If you finish the house without saving and quitting, then it will be the evening and you can't do anymore houses because Nook's Homes is 'closed'. If you also save and quit while doing a house, when you load up the game you'll be right where you left off. But be cautious, if you're doing a house and turn off your 3DS while doing it, your progress will be lost

With this, and New Leaf, if you're wondering which you should get, I'll talk about New Leaf.

In New Leaf you're the mayor of the town and can change the entire town, while in HHD, you cannot. You're limited to the houses in HHD. In New Leaf, you can also relax, customize your character, have your own house, and play with friends. Multiplayer isn't in HHD. Changing your villager's houses in New Leaf is possible, but hard. In New Leaf you can catch fish and bugs, do quests for your villagers, and the such.

That's all I can think of, I hope it helps! c:

Last edited:
Reactions: amyleeofequestria, Livada and TheYESDragon
I was a bit disappointed when I got HHD, I was expecting something way more like new leaf. In this you can't even go into town or really talk to the villagers. You can't even change your shirt! Pretty much all you do is design houses and schools and stuff. The only things it has that are better than NL is the many design files and better way to move furniture around. Its still kinda fun, but I'd pick NL over it any day

I enjoy both games a lot even tho there are some ups and downs about each one . I wish that the New leaf gane had a lot of the AC:HHD things in it. I hope that the next game that they come out with kinda makes use of everything within the 2 games and builds on that.

I built all Isabells buildings but I still can't use play coins

I built all Isabells buildings but I still can't use play coins
also the game was boring

Last edited by a moderator:
I already suspected that the game had only the designing part. No intimate interaction with clients or anything. I just hoped that the game exceeded my expectations but, sadly, it just met my expectations which is fine honestly. I just wish it would have been more like the "The Sims" type of game.

Thanks for putting this up. I wondered what the diff. was or what the HHD really was.

Back