Harvest Moon Harvest Moon Recomendations

• Thread starter Alpha Harry
  • Start date
Alpha Harry

Alpha Harry

:P
Towns Folk
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get into the harvest moon series for a while now and I don't know where to start from. I'm a big fan of the animal crossing series and a couple of my friends own some of the Harvest Moon games and they won't stop talking about it. I have almost every nintendo console (or at least every console that can play every nintendo console game out there) so if like there one on say, the snes, I'll be able to play it. If it's one of the current ones and it has online capabilities, maybe you and I could play! So, if there's a really good harvest moon game out there or one that's really cheap, please tell me. ;););)

TL;DR: I wanna play harvest moon, got any recomendations? ;););)

Harvest Moon Magical Melody for GameCube/Wii is pretty great.

...But, I think Harvest Moon is better suited for a handheld, so I'd go with Harvest Moon Island of Happiness for DS for Harvest Moon A Tale of Two Towns for 3DS.

Reactions: Alpha Harry
If you want you can try Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life for the GameCube it's really fun and I loved the look of the game and the feel of it.

Harvest Moon DS version is like A Wonderful Life but more complicated in a way when it comes to progressing. But their are a lot of characters and many things to do.

I would recommend a Tale of Two Towns (although it's the only game I've played, so I wouldn't know...) partly because it does have a sort of an overarching goal along with the day-to-day tasks, meaning that you do have some idea of progress while you play.

But it is great for an Animal Crossing fan, as it does have a similar atmosphere. Just replace fishing with farming and animals with farmers, and you got the gist of it!

I totally recomend Harvest Moon: the Tale of Two Towns.

First of all, it's Harvest Moon. All the games are recommended :D!

Second, it's a new perspective on the Harvest Moon series: while in the other titles you can have both crops and animals right at the beggining. In this one, though, your first decision is what will you choose to begin with: animals from Bluebell or crops from Konohana. Of course, you'll eventually have acess to both but it's a nice "twist" to the series.

Third, the festivals. Every week, both villages join for a cooking festival and the one with the best dishes (inside the given category) wins. This gives you something other than collecting stuff and doing quests. You also have to do a lot of planning because not all crops are available at all seasons.

Finally: one does not get sick of it! Harvest Moon is "infinite" if you wanna say that

Reactions: Alpha Harry
It depends on what you like, I would recommend starting with the tale of two towns as it has a good story and a purpose. If you like older games though I would recommend friends of mineral town of Harvest moon 3 GBC, but I should warn you the gameboy and gameboy advance games have no post game stuff so once you get married(in the games that you can) and have a kid that is it nothing else new happens.

I hear that Harvest Moon: the Tale of Two Towns is good but I haven't played it. I do have the Story of seasons for the 3ds witch is a harvest moon game. I also hear that they are bring out a new one witch is out in japan now that has three towns in it. I'm sure it will be coming out in the U.S and U.k soon but it will be under the Story of Seasons name.

Harvest Monn: Grand Bazaar for the DS. Instead of selling your produce at a fixed price, you can sell it to a ton of people for more or less. You have bazaar goals and mills to create more stuff to sell. The best game ever on the Harvest Moon series.

Hmm...I would recommend Island of Happiness really. It was my first one and was a lot of fun~! While Tale of Two Towns is great...it takes waaay too long to upgrade your farm and tools since you can only receive those requests once a season. >.> Or the tunnel clearing request gets in the way and you don't get an upgrade that season at all. Besides Island of Happiness has a lot more interesting characters and a few more things to do. Most of which you don't have to wait forever for it to unlock. (Unless you're not saving money...but that's a whole different story.)

If yu're looking into the older ames, I suggest Friends of Mineral Town for GBA. It's basically Back to Nature for the ps2, but ported to the GBA. It's available on Virtual Console for Wii U if you prefer to play on a larger screen. As for newer games, I HIGHLY recommend A New Beginning. If you like the idea of helping rebuild a town, this is the one for you! I also LOVE the idea of customizing you character as you want. The only thing is, you have to build the hair salon in order to change your hairstyle/color after character creation. I also suggest you play Tale of Two Towns. It's tough to decide on what town you want to live in, at least it is for me, but both towns are unique in their own way. If you want to get the 3DS version, I suggest you get it on the eShop rather than buying a physical copy. I've heard that the digital version fixes the freezing issue people have with the physical, or just buy the DS version. You can get it used for a steal depending on where you buy from.

I also suggest you try Story of Seasons. It's basically Harvest Moon, but with a different title and publisher. Natsume, the former publisher, owns the title Harvest Moon, and they decided to make their own HM(That is not a part of the main series) called the Lost Valley, so Marvelous had to search for a new publisher, XSeed Games, to make the next game in the official Harvest Moon timeline. You can find videos that explain this whole ordeal better than I do, so look into them if you want a better explanation. I just kept it short and to the point, so you should have an idea as of what happened, but there are articles and videos discussing this that get into more detail. If that's what you prefer, I suggest you look into that.

I say if want the cheapest one there is. Go too e-shop, and buy the super nes one. It's like only $5.00 or so, but I say the Harvestmoon a new begging thouth. I like that one most, and I have them all up too that one.

I personally started with A Wonderful Life, but I found what really kept me with the series in the early days was Magical Melody. I liked that I didn't have to get married in the first year, and that I could work on earning achievements (the magical notes) as part of my endeavor to complete the storyline. Also, people moving in and out of town depending on how you interact was a nice element of difficulty.

I haven't played any of the Story of Seasons games, but in regards to newer games still under the Harvest Moon title, I enjoyed a couple of the 3DS ones and really like Light of Hope that you can get on mobile. I don't really know which of these games is cheaper however, as it's been a long while since I bought them.

Story of Seasons is basically the new Harvest Moon. I would definitely recommend it; a lot of the core mechanics are the same.
I'd recommend Trio of Towns, anyway, as it's the only one I've played. <w<

Back