Has Anyone Played The Legend of Zelda for the NES?

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date
Corey

Corey

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So, has anyone played the original Zelda game for the NES?

I have, and to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the game. I pretty much got lost on my first playthrough of it, ha ha. I also remember dying a lot, I was pretty bad at the game...

No, I haven't played the game either. Once, I started it then I puked and left it that way. xD It seemed bad to me.

Reactions: Corey
No, I haven't played the game either. Once, I started it then I puked and left it that way. xD It seemed bad to me.
This made my entire day.

No. I never played it. :sorry:

Are you asking if we played it on the NES or just that game including remakes?

Yes, I use to play the game with my grandma and with her help I beat it. Back then it was a fun game.

Oh my goodness. . .
I played this game, without a guide. It was ridiculous for me and my underdeveloped mind to comprehend how to play and beat this game. I died about a thousand times, roamed the dungeons for hours. Roamed OUTSIDE of the dungeons for hours, JUST to get some more bombs; to ultimately roam around the inside of more dungeons!
Ganon was difficult, the bosses were challenging, and they had a room that had THREE of those huge Dodongo things at once! Could you imagine three of the big dinosaur bosses from Ocarina of Time's second temple all at the same time? What kind of madness is that!?
Zelda was pixelated and she wasn't as pretty as her other games.
You were actually able to put on a silver tunic/armor.
You could shoot lasers out of your sword; you were basically some pixel-ly god.

It was a really great game. ^+^ I'm proud to say that I conquered this challenge; as well as the second play through which was twice as hard.

Reactions: blinboy
Are you asking if we played it on the NES or just that game including remakes?
Either way, yes I have played the first Legend of Zelda. It was a bit hard the first time due to getting lost but certain parts aren't that bad.

I got it with the other ambassador games. It may be a genre defining game, but by God it's difficult to understand and play. I roamed around aimlessly for so long. I managed to beat the first dungeon/collect the first part of the triforce and then gave up.

I got it with the other ambassador games. It may be a genre defining game, but by God it's difficult to understand and play. I roamed around aimlessly for so long. I managed to beat the first dungeon/collect the first part of the triforce and then gave up.

Mmm... It's 6 bucks on virtual console right?

Mmm... It's 6 bucks on virtual console right?
It's $5 on the 3DS US eshop.

Reactions: ErixSan
This was the game that came with my GameBoy Advance and while I didn't really know what I was doing back then, I still had a lot of fun.

Fast forward 11 years and I've yet to beat it, though I'm working on it! The game is nearly impossible without a walkthrough but I still find it to be quite enjoyable despite that.

You're talking about the 1987 one, yes? I got it off of club nintendo and have tried playing it. IT's really hard! especially because you have only 3 hearts in the beginning..

Oh my goodness. . .
I played this game, without a guide. It was ridiculous for me and my underdeveloped mind to comprehend how to play and beat this game. I died about a thousand times, roamed the dungeons for hours. Roamed OUTSIDE of the dungeons for hours, JUST to get some more bombs; to ultimately roam around the inside of more dungeons!
Ganon was difficult, the bosses were challenging, and they had a room that had THREE of those huge Dodongo things at once! Could you imagine three of the big dinosaur bosses from Ocarina of Time's second temple all at the same time? What kind of madness is that!?
Zelda was pixelated and she wasn't as pretty as her other games.
You were actually able to put on a silver tunic/armor.
You could shoot lasers out of your sword; you were basically some pixel-ly god.

It was a really great game. ^+^ I'm proud to say that I conquered this challenge; as well as the second play through which was twice as hard.
Sir, I applaud you for actually finishing the game!!!

This was the game that came with my GameBoy Advance and while I didn't really know what I was doing back then, I still had a lot of fun.

Fast forward 11 years and I've yet to beat it, though I'm working on it! The game is nearly impossible without a walkthrough but I still find it to be quite enjoyable despite that.
So true it's nearly impossible without a walkthrough

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it on VC so yeah I played it, I'm in the first dungeon

I download it once with the club nintendo coins, and that was about more than a year and nowadays I haven't even finished it, It's very hard at least for me, trying to attack some enemies is pretty difficult sometimes and let's not talk abaout the bosses

I have indeed played the original Legend of Zelda on the NES. It's pretty amazing looking at the previous games and seeing how much more they have added, how the series has improved, and how many people like it.
I'd say the original Zelda is the second-hardest one out there, the first being Zelda II.

I got it on sale ($3.49) when it was announced in the throwback sale. I didn't want my CN coins go to a $3.49 worth VC that time, so I purchased it. I was really curious about it because this was the game with the 'It's dangerous to go alone, take this with you' for the wooden sword.

At first, the input for your name/save file name was already difficult to understand! Turns out you need to push the start button rather than the A button.

It is really difficult to finish this game without a walkthrough. But I think my $3.49 was worth the try. I'm already on the 9th (last) dungeon, but I got lazy finishing it as it is a very exhausting puzzle-dungeon game.

Well, now playing it, you have to think: there are guides and walkthroughs and stuff to help us now. Think about when it was first released how: can you imagine how lost people were? I mean we still get lost now, so just think about it. And yet it was still popular. I imagine it was because nothing like this had ever actually been created, but still..

Also, that brings me back to the Fire Emblem games too. While the NES/SNES ones were only released in Japan, there were hardly any in-game instructions (besides the manual), so I can't imagine many young people figured it out easily. Then again, maybe people figured it out more easily than I give them credit for.

But, back to my original point, I like the game, it's just very, very difficult.

Played it

Back