Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Mention in comments)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Chickenfoot

Chickenfoot

Devourer of Cakes
Towns Folk
So, I'm thinking of getting a new game soon, and what I'm looking for is something that can keep me occupied for hours and can also keep my busy during my downtime, so, I was thinking of choosing between SSB, Fantasy Life and Codename ST.E.A.M.
But obviously, this is a hard choice for me XD So, I'd like to ask, which game do you think I should get?
I wouldn't mind other suggestions as well, as I'm not up-to-date with new releases, so comment below on what you would recommend. :3

Also, I own Pokemon Omega Ruby, Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, Rue Factory 4 and TLoZ: ALBW & MM

Everyone says they enjoy Fantasy Life, I haven't played it yet but IGN rated it high and their are many "Lifes" to choose from and many missions to do.

Smash is highly popular and has a lot of DLC to choose from not to mention a lot of characters to choose from.

Personally I would go for Fantasy Life just because any said that they enjoyed it and it looked like fun. But if you're wanting more of a multiplayer game Smash is the choice.

Fantasy Life will keep you occupied for a couple of days but once you've beaten it and all of its trials, there will be absolutely nothing to do unless you fancy completing all NPC quests (like find Jerry an apple) and maxing out your level.

If you don't get DLC, you won't be able to play with non-DLC Fantasy Life players over Wi-Fi btw.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is fun and its online multiplayer gameplay is more of its major portion. No single player gameplay and the mini-games are nice, but I don't think you'll want to constantly play those forever. In addition to that, the CPU fighting gets dead easy once you've gotten some experience playing, so playing people online is much more fun imo.

You'll never get bored of playing against people online, but it's more of a pick-up-and-play-then-put-down-for-a-while type of game.

I've never played Codename ST.E.A.M. so I can't tell you if it's something I can recommend or not :/

I say go for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Fantasy Life's single player gameplay will last you for a while, but most people have already stopped playing it because of the lack of things to do in multiplayer after reaching a certain point. A lot of people still play Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, however, its single player gameplay is not something to satisfy one's gaming needs.

Some other games I recommend looking into :
  • Fire Emblem Awakening - my favorite 3DS game :D
  • Mario Kart 7 - It lacks a Vs mode, but you can select all tracks over Wi-Fi which is something compared to MKDS ;-;
  • Legend of Zelda 3DS games - they may only last for a short period of time, but hero mode might give you a run for your money. Hero mode is basically a more difficult version of the same game.
PS. You should check out a list of our game reviews. Something just might spark your interest :3

Reactions: Mikaya
I'd say either SSB4 or Fantasy Life would be good whichever game you'd prefer more. Personally I think SSB4 would be better since the game is tons of fun in gameplay and keeps you playing for a good amount of time. multiplayer is awesome too :3

Either way you choose, you won't regret it :p

Suggestions:

If you haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening, I seriously suggest getting it (if you're okay with solo playing games). Awakening is by far one of the best 3DS games to date and among the best in the Fire Emblem series. It's a turned-based RPG with great dialogue and support scenes and amazing Dlc. The gameplay and skits will keep you occupied and there is heavy replay value with marriages and more difficult modes and such. It's basically anime into a game, the adventure is great and each character is unique in their own ways. You'll feel really close to your Avatar (a.k.a Robin) after playing, because in a sense, he resembles the player in a new world (just maybe more overpowered than we'd be).

Mario Kart: Not really much to say about this; it's fun, it has multiplayer, go for it if you wanna race against people and friends.

Sm4sh: I mean it's sm4sh, can't really go wrong. I despise playing on the handheld version but that's just me.

Reactions: Marc
I never played Fantasy Life or seen a video about the game. So I wouldn't just trust the reviews. But if you do and the game impresses you, go on ahead.

I only played a demo of Codename S.T.E.A.M. The game honestly looks impressive. The game apparently has multiplayer which could make the game better.

I have Super Smash Bros. For 3DS. But like @Marc said, it's more of a game you play for a while before you play something else. Honestly, I think there's hardly anything to do. The only thing I do in the game is just Smash Run and For Glory, which I get tired of because of some people.

But I can't really be the one to tell you what to get (although I voted for Smash) because these days, I think almost everything I play is crud. Although, when I do get a new PS3 controller, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of CoD: Ghost, MW3, and Little Big Planet 2.

Reactions: Marc
Alright guys thanks so much for your input :3 I decided to go for SSB4, which was the most popular in votes, but, hopefully by October I'll manage to get Fantasy Life and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Also, I figured that SSB4 can also be played by my girlfriend who doesn't really have much interest in games, and it would at least be a way for us to bond some more.

Thanks again guys xD and I would love some more recommendations as to whats fun to play or what I should get after these 3 :3

Back