PS Help needed!

• Thread starter Robbie
  • Start date

Which Ps3 SLIM would you choose?

• $181 Refurb (1 year warrenty), 250GB, 1 Remote

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • $70 used, 120GB, 2 Remotes, all cables included

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Here's a couple 100 dollars, buy a next gen instead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox all the way, YLOD all the way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Robbie

Robbie

Helloo! \:D/
Towns Folk
Hello pedia! It's 1:23am as I'm writing this as it feels as if I could fall asleep any minute. But before that, I need the guidance from this community :jimlad:.

Ok so basically I want to buy a Ps3 slim. Not the super slim but the normal slim. So basically I'm stuck in this dilemma.

On one side I can buy a Ps3 slim refurb (250Gb), from eb games, for 140 dollars plus 1 yr warranty ($25, I think) bcz I don't want it to die on me plus tax makes it CAD$181. This is with the console and 1 remote. Dunno about HDMI.

On the other side I can buy a used one from a person I found on varage sale. Basically he is selling it for CAD$70, which includes the console (slim) and 2 remotes, (120gb model). Says that "all cables are provided".

Basically I'm buying this to play GTA V during my summer break and also plan to use my cousin's ps3 cd collection on it (like use his CDs, it is possible, right?)

Help? :bag:

If you have budget for first option think you should go for it.

Reactions: Robbie
Well if you are going to download a lot of games I recommend you to get the 250 gb for 181 and 1 controller because you are going to have a lot of game story can download in the PlayStation store and you can also buy another controller since your cousins might be over at your house once you get it becaus I have a PS3 normal slim and I have a lot of games downloaded and have more room to download more , sadly I have no controllers and I lost my PS3 in my garage also heads up try not to get scammed in EBay because most people like to scale a lot even though you can report them avoid seeing boot legging products because 80% are fake and some are real this has become such a problem lately and this also goes for the products in EBay I never really buy stuff on eBay never I prefer Amazon it's much safer you should try it sometime anyways goodluck on finding your Ps3. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Robbie
Thanks for your advise guys! I actually went ahead and bought the used console through the app that I stated before. It lets people post their stuff online for people of neighbouring communities to buy, like ebay but you talk to the seller and he is near your location basically.

So yeah, I got excited and bought it the day my exams ended lol. I got the 120gig Ps3 with 2 controllers and a charging dock. I wasn't sure of it first but then we went to the guy's place to see it working and he told us he only used to watch Blu-ray movies on it. So the console was rarely used for games since its manufacturing in 2011. I got it for $60, pretty cheap actually, a lot of people told me that too, also because of how I got 2 controllers and how it was a good deal since they still cost $30-$40+ new. Couple of days later I bought GTA5. Picked up Last of Us and the stand-alone on a sale, bought Bioshock 1 soon after. Bought a couple of recycled games from EB games and here I am haha!

Tbh I have like 17gb left out of the 110 usable but to upgrade could cost me something like $70 (for 500gig HDD) so I'm a bit troubled by that but I could always delete PSN games to make some space and then download them again so that's fine.

Tl;dr: I bought the used Ps3 console at a good price, bought GTA5 with it, picked up a couple of games at PS Store sales and some recycles at EB games and I'm having fun. Too bad the holidays end in 2 weeks. Rip.

Thanks again!

Back