Help with finding out the best non-annoying ad locations for Pedia

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Right now I've been testing out Google ads on Pedia. I'm collecting feedback for the best locations to place these Google ads without annoying people to have them switch it off or use an AdBlock software.

Places the Google ads can go :
I've come up with a mockup of the post page of what I think might be alright :

ad layout.jpg

But I'm really looking for feedback from those who want to support the site by keeping ads enabled to know where they're alright with having ads displayed, so it doesn't annoy them.

Reactions: 28142
I don't have any problems except the ones in between the post. Some of them look like signatures and it pretty confusing

Reactions: Mikaya, Duffy and Marc
I don't have any problems except the ones in between the post. Some of them look like signatures and it pretty confusing
I see. One at the top and one at the bottom should solve this.

I use an ad blocker, just because I used to have a problem with random inappropriate or 18+ type ads. Since I don't see that happening here, I 'll leave it off and see if they are too intrusive. After I had some time to see what the forum is like with them, I'll post more feedback here.

Also, just curious, but why am I peeking from the bottom left corner of your mock-up? Is this a subtle jab at me for using ad blocker?

Also, just curious, but why am I peeking from the bottom left corner of your mock-up? Is this a subtle jab at me for using ad blocker?
lol. Nahh. I just included some random members who were online when I was making this in PhotoShop. I used your avatar because I couldn't think of anything else to represent you. If you look closely, you'll see other members too :p

Reactions: 28142 and TribstyAnn
Yeah, one at the top and bottom look good to me. They don't take up much of the page, they aren't right in your face. They're just right :p

One more place an ad could go is below the bottom forum node on the main forum page. that could fit nicely.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
I would recommend putting the ads on the bottom, just before the replying box thingy, and I think that's just right because I've been in several sites that puts the ads just on below of the page, and it didn't bother me at all.

I have seen some ads that we're cut. I don't know why so I'll let you know (it was on mobile).

I think putting it like you showed in the picture (at the top and at the bottom) is good.

I have seen some ads that we're cut. I don't know why so I'll let you know (it was on mobile).
Currently that's how I'm making it responsive for mobile devices ;-;

I think ads are annoying in general, but in all honesty ads within the forum section seem much less annoying than per say the forum page or in a post page.

You should also implement software that reminds people to turn off adblock, as I tend to leave it on there and forget to turn it off.

If you can possibly customize the ads towards video gaming that would make it even less annoying in terms of the likelihood of keeping ad blocker on.

You should also implement software that reminds people to turn off adblock, as I tend to leave it on there and forget to turn it off.
I most likely will do this eventually once I've set up everything.
If you can possibly customize the ads towards video gaming that would make it even less annoying in terms of the likelihood of keeping ad blocker on.
I'm not sure why the gaming ads aren't shown first but the only way to do it is to block categories, which might result in lower fill-rate.

The sides appear to be very empty...

Just never resort to those DAMN ADVERTS THAT SUDDENLY COVER THE WHOLE SCREEN
or adverts that have sound.

Reactions: Marc
I'm going to add a box to fill the space when I get a chance. It'll be like a notice message about Pedia itself.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
I'm going to add a box to fill the space when I get a chance. It'll be like a notice message about Pedia itself.
I did a thing. Can you check it and let me know what you think / if it displays correctly?

Back