Votes: 3 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
eeveeruleslol

eeveeruleslol

I'm just some dude who has no idea what he's doing
Towns Folk
will anyone get homebrew on there Nintendo switch. I had it on my 3ds and it was great. I was still new to it, so i didn't do everything that you, i mostly just custom my 3ds theme. I try doing homebrew on my brother 3ds but i broke it, nothing would open when you press on it. Just like a week or two ago, hacker got in to the switch, and now they are making homebrew on the switch, can't wait to see what they did. What is your opinion.

Yes it would be great, but I can never figer it out or even get it to work

Yes it would be great, but I can never figer it out or even get it to work
i did but the second time i try i broke my brother 3ds

Umm.... You obviously don't know a whole lot about homebrew or CFW. There have been a few things here and there found out about the Switch, but not homebrew development yet. It's still a long ways away. Also most people are only working on version 3.0 or 3.1. Later versions patched out a lot of vulnerabilities that were found. Developing homebrew and CFW takes a long time. It was years before the 3ds got any, and the 3ds had way way way worse security than the Switch.

Like TribstyAnn stated, it's going to be some time (I estimate at least a year or two in the future) before we get any sort of decent homebrew, and even then that will still be the early stuff. As someone whose been through the 3DS hacking and homebrew era since Ninjahax was the popular method of using said homebrew, it took at least 2 more years after that before we got any sort of good CFW that would stick through multiple firmwares, and a year after that before we got a method which outright spread its roots into the very bootstrap of the system.

Seeing as the Switch is unlikely to have any downgrading methods due to the introduced burnt fuses security (it won't be impossible but it will be much more difficult to pull off), it'll probably take longer for homebrew to make it to everyone's Switch systems and not just those who have been holding back on updating.

Back