How did you discover Mario

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
freezebot

freezebot

PineappleDoggo <3
Towns Folk
Well most of us on this site probably know of Mario and More of us play his games but how did you found out about him. Well I found one of my friends playing the a Mario game on his Gameboy and i was like (huh what is this) and after he explained all of it to me which took a long time since i was 6 with my 6 year old mind and once he finished explaining it I asked my parents to buy me a Gameboy so I could play it to. Anyway how did you discover Mario?

Welp, When I was a toddler, we had a snes in our basement. I still have said snes, but thats not an important story. Anyways, the snes had Super mario all-stars pack and super mario world. I beat All 4 Mario Games except 2 (Lost Levels). I then became attached to videogames and the mario franchise, still playing games like 3D World and Mario Kart 7.

When I was very little I had a game cube well my sister's but she dosent use it so I sat there and play Mario party don't remember which one after a few years I got a game boy and played Mario bros 3 then got a ds then played new super Mario bros the Mario and Luigi bowser inside story then I went on to the Wii with Mario galaxy and galaxy two and new super Mario bros Wii then finally to my 3ds where I played super Mario 3d world super Mario bros two and finally mario and Luigis dream team and I enjoyed every bit of them fun to play and a great way to spend time

Either the GameCube or GBA. I think it was either Mario Pinball, Luigi's Mansion, or Super Mario Bros 3. (NES)

If I remember correctly, it was the SNES and Super Mario Bros. 3. I had some good memories with this game, even if I did get frustrated at times when I fell to my death on the harder worlds (6 & 7). xD

It was pretty challenging, and was a good title to start off with to get me into the whole franchise. I even played the remake for GBA but I lost it after a while. :p

My first Mario game was New Super Mario Bros for the Wii (The one with the snazzy red case). Never actually got past the first castle now that I think about it..

But yeah, I don't really remember where I first found out about Mario. It's just always been a thing for me for as long as I can remember.

If I remember correctly, it was the SNES and Super Mario Bros. 3. I had some good memories with this game, even if I did get frustrated at times when I fell to my death on the harder worlds (6 & 7). xD

It was pretty challenging, and was a good title to start off with to get me into the whole franchise. I even played the remake for GBA but I lost it after a while. :p
yep i fell to my death way to many times wheni first played it

My first Mario game was New Super Mario Bros for the Wii (The one with the snazzy red case). Never actually got past the first castle now that I think about it..

But yeah, I don't really remember where I first found out about Mario. It's just always been a thing for me for as long as I can remember.
You should really beat the game

Last edited by a moderator:
A DOS game. Mario's always been around in my life.

You should really beat the game

I'll get around to it at some point. I also have Mario Galaxy on my Wii U which I need to finish. I prefer Galaxy to New Super Mario Bros though.

I think I discovered it when I first played one of the early Super Mario Bros. games at someone's house my parents brought me to. At that point in time, I was really young and couldn't even jump across the large gap on the ground in the game.

I didn't discover Mario we discovered each other and since then it has been love at first mushroom! But seriously, probably as a kid when I played the original on my NES. I was so noob back then and now I do Kaizo, (even though Kaizo isn't that bad).

I'm not quite sure, but at some point, I remember being playing it in one of my Famiclones that have it bundled, I think Super Mario Bros. was inside of it. And at the other point, I started to know Mario games when one of my relatives played it when I was on their house, and I played some of it for a while. I still remember when I have no idea it have time limits back then.

When I was a kid an older friend showed me Super Mario Bros. 3 on his NES. A couple of years later I got a SNES with Super Mario All-Stars :giggle:

Unfortunately, I have an older sister who insisted we take turns playing every other life. She was so much better than me, I rarely got to play :cry:

In all honesty, I never beat SMB3 and haven't tried since...

I'd watch my dad play Super Mario 64 levels. To me, Mario was always the guy with pie-piece health pieces, and/or the floating head on the title screen. XD

...I was always afraid of him drowning. ;w; I liked DK64 better, because the Kongs don't drown. >w<

Also, PJ64 was a very nice gateway to all things Mario~

I discovered Mario when my brother purchased New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart for the DS. I also became aware of him from other friends who owned mario games.

My mother is very familiar with Mario. (Which is how we ended up with quite a few games, like Super Mario all star, Super Mario world, SMW2 Yoshi's island, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, and others from there.)

When we were younger my Dad gave my Brother and I a choice between a SEGA and an NES. We chose an NES with Mario/Duck Hunt. It began there. Love Mario games.

I used to have a friend who lived just around the corner. By that time, I did not have any console nor computer (it was the year 1993). I remember I went to his house and showed me super mario game. I recall we took turns playing one stage as mario and the next one as Luigi (player 1 and player 2 respectively). then, I urged my parents to buy me the game but by that time I was not so lucky. So i continued playing at my friend´s house.

When I was a kid in the 80s, I discovered the original Nintendo system at a cousin's house. It was awesome and modern for its time. Of course, the game on it was Mario and Duck Hunt. Anyway, before Nintendo all you had was Atari.

Mario kart ds and wii. I knew very little about his other games other than some screenshots for new super mario bros wii. I never played a proper mario game until Galaxy 2, and after that i was hooked.

Back