How do Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon compare to Pokemon Sun/Moon?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Now that Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon are out, a lot of people have gotten a taste of what they're like. For the people who have played the new games so far, how do you find them compared to the original Pokemon Sun/Moon games?

So far the only thing I've heard is what @BMR27 said in a status :
BMR27 said:
Pokemon ultra sun seems to be the same story, just moved around a bit.
What do you guys have to say?

It's.... better than most ppl give it credit 4. i mean, its pretty good, regarding the functions and various features and mechanics they have introduced with the Ultra Wormholes and the new Pokemon. I think it should be given a chance to both old and new players.

:)

It is good for people that like Pokemon because of the change of the sun, and moon Pokemon, and little added of other stuff, but other then that it would just be same thing as old, so if I wanted still get Pokemon games I might just skip Pokemon sun, and moon, and get new ones.

Reactions: BMR27
You're just paying another £40 for some new UBs and some weird Wormhole feature. Not worth it.

It is good for people that like Pokemon because of the change of the sun, and moon Pokemon, and little added of other stuff, but other then that it would just be same thing as old, so if I wanted still get Pokemon games I might just skip Pokemon sun, and moon, and get new ones.
That's exactly what I'm doing, too late to return sun and moon to the store given that I already opened them.
but I can keep em handy for someone else who just wants to play the originals.

P.S somewhere I saw along the way of ultra sun\moons release, team rocket apparently
makes a comeback in this game, is that true?

Had I known there was gonna be an Ultra Sun/Moon, I wouldn't have been so quick to get Sun. (I was told I was getting only One Pokemon game last X-mas, and I was dooped!)
@BMR27
Giovanni, The RS leaders of Teams Magma and Aqua, Cyrus, Ghetsis, and Lyssandre look like they're making a comeback. Like Team Rainbow Rocket is the Pokemon world's Legion of Doom or... something.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMR27
There are a lot more small detail changes that you wouldn't notice if you didn't play Sun/Moon first. Like in the shopping mall the stage is decorated and actually being used. Rotom has little conversations with you at times and gives you small power ups. The colors are richer and they amped the music up a bit. The story actually has a little more added in and has changed a little bit. The water trial is a bit different as well! Plus there are a few new places to explore that weren't there in Sun/Moon. There are a lot of other new small details but I think it's best to try finding them by playing it. :)

I really like both of them...but I do think playing Sun/Moon before hand might improve the experience of playing Ultra. Mostly cause it's harder to spot all the changes and appreciate them if you haven't. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: Mercedes-Benz and BMR27
There's still no option to skip cutscenes like most games. For something as story-based as Gen VII, the lack of a skip button hurts replayability. It doesn't help that, until a certain point, the plot is practically the same as SM's imo.
On the plus side, Ultra Beasts and Move Tutors can be a really good incentive, especially for collectors and competitive players.

Last edited:
Its basically the same as the original. Only a few new features have been added. I am glad I got the Ultra Versions though.

Really, I don’t even understand why they released Ultra versions of the game in the first place. Like, why didn’t they just release a DLC pack instead of making you pay $40 for basically the same game?

I don’t really understand the thought process behind that decision, but hey, not my call. :p

Back