How do you prefer to play??

• Thread starter Yoshi
  • Start date
Yoshi

Yoshi

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Sometimes you have the power to choose how to play. I mean, with the different possibilities that the console offer to you: the game pad or the motion sensor. In Mario Kart, for example, I prefer to play with the game pad rather than with the motion sensor. Always happens to me when I get nervous I start to hit everything. My friends prefer the motion sensor.

Which one do you prefer? The game pad or motion sensor?

Reactions: Kadaj
To me, the gamepad or analog stick is much better, but I see your point when you say your friends like to play with the motion sensor. Even if we got to play with the analog sticks of the nunchucks (when playing with more people besides you) they are not so accurate and perhaps that's why they chose the motion sensor. I think the latter one is much fun

I prefer to play with the circle pad rather than the ds control,its more easier and better to me.Plus it is more easier to control and move or race in Mario or Mario kart.

If you play with the arrow keys it is very annoying and it is easier using the circle pad.

The circle pad offers a much smoother finesse to movements than the D-pad will ever be able to offer, so it's simply the better choice in the matter either way you look at it... unless you need to move EXACTLY up, down, left or right.

I think that I really prefer the Circle Stick than the D-Pad when playing a Mario Kart game , specifically Mario Kart 7 . I find it much more effective and accurate as well as comfortable than the D-Pad and also it is more easier to use and won't cause any tiring in your fingers :playful:

I liek the motion/circle stick because you get more control, stabililty, more comfortable, nobody on Earth uses the D-Pad on 3DS anymore idk why it is still on there, and it makes a weird sound when you press the D-Pad :p Mario Kart is for sure Circle Stick so you can move real quickly :)

I love to play with the circle stick, it's great, I hate the motion sensor controls too annoying and I'm horrible at that, the gamepad is perfect for Mario Kart ( another reason why MK 8 is the best one imo) and yet it still lets you play with the motionsensor controls! That's convenient, though I don't use them

i also like to use the circle pad the arrows are a little to difficult for me :cat:

I use the GamePad equivalent, or the Pro Controller. It fits better in my hand and is easier to hold. Plus motion controls aren't really my style, I don't think I ever hooked up my sensor bar to the Wii U XD. Also I think you should add the prefix "Mario Kart" to make the subject game a bit more clear...

Circle pad is my choice, since its like the GameCube controller and it's easier to maneuver unlike the plus pad. I thought I wouldn't like it but it felt more natural to me.

I like to play with the control/circle stick because it gives you more control over the character you're playing with. It also feels a lot better in games like MKDS and MK7. However, in MK Wii i would prefer the motion controls as my favorite. It's good arm exercise as well. :p

The gamepad is a lot better. I guess its just WAY more precise then motion controls. Especially using the wii remote, it can get so annoying and maddening when you do not do the right move. It seems like motion controls on the gamepad is more comfortable and easier to turn and its more precise.

Playing a game like Mario Kart 8 with the wii remote and nun-chuck feels comfortable to me. However, I like the gamepad a ton times better because it's more sleek I suppose. The grip on the gamepad feels slightly better too, especially while drifting and holding onto an item.

I like the game pad better than the motion control. For me, motion control is very hard to use. The game pad is just more easier to use. When I use motion control, I tend to crash more and it ruins the race for me. I then end up getting in the eighth place and I hate when I get in eight place.

I just use the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, since it's easiest to use.

When i have had an option the gampad is what i prefer to play with. Motion controls are fun with some games but by and large the gamepad is still my fovorite way to play games on any system.

When i have had an option the gampad is what i prefer to play with. Motion controls are fun with some games but by and large the gamepad is still my fovorite way to play games on any system.
what about non-wiiu systems?

I usually like to play with the D-pad when playing a platformer, since that is how they were meant to be played. Playing with the circle pad makes it awkward to run and jump. I only like to play with the Circle Pad/ Analog Stick when playing a 3D Mario game such as Super Mario 3D World or a spin off like Mario Kart.

The gamepad is actually the most helpful controller too! It has a map and when you are playing online, you can take a look at the players and see if anyone is close to you and the lay out of the map. Its perfect and very helpful. I can also play mk8 on just the gamepad itself, which is very handy and cool, especially when you'r parents occupy the tv

Back