Splatoon 2 How much longer does Respawn Punisher add to respawning in Splatoon 2?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The Respawn Punisher is supposed to add additional time to respawning and increasing the special gauge for any player who got splatted by the user, as well as the user who has it equipped. I've been using the skill as one of my gear's ability, but I don't really see a difference with the respawn time.

How much longer does the respawn punisher add to respawn and special gauge time?

The Respawn Punisher is supposed to add additional time to respawning and increasing the special gauge for any player who got splatted by the user, as well as the user who has it equipped. I've been using the skill as one of my gear's ability, but I don't really see a difference with the respawn time.

How much longer does the respawn punisher add to respawn and special gauge time?
I believe a second or 2 (at least in Splatoon 1 iirc) but this ability was mostly unchanged so I’m probably right but this ability isn’t even that great since respawns, even when hit with someone with respawn punisher are relatively quick. You’re probably better off using Ninja squid + 5 Swim speed boosts (to make your swim speed back to normal) since Echolocator is gone and point sensor doesn’t counter it as well as echolocator did in Splatoon 1.

I believe a second or 2 (at least in Splatoon 1 iirc)
That's the thing. I don't really notice a difference. What's the normal respawn time? 4 or 5 seconds?

I just see it counting down from 5 if I use respawn punisher or not.
but this ability isn’t even that great since respawns, even when hit with someone with respawn punisher are relatively quick.
See, the thing is, if 30 seconds remain at the ending of a battle and our team is close to the other team's spawn, we can shave off a couple of seconds from their respawn time and try our best to take the lead with as little as their teammates on the battlefield. They're closer to their spawn so they can reach the rainmaker/tower/basket faster when they have 5 more points than us.

See, the thing is, if 30 seconds remain at the ending of a battle and our team is close to the other team's spawn, we can shave off a couple of seconds from their respawn time and try our best to take the lead with as little as their teammates on the battlefield. They're closer to their spawn so they can reach the rainmaker/tower/basket faster when they have 5 more points than us.
That’s extremely clutch and in some modes, doesn’t even work like turf war. Although a clutch win is a Swag win in my book, there are stronger skills like Ninja Squid which are better to use. I’m gonna give you a link to a pro’s YouTube channel for this fame. I’ll just find the link real quick.

EDIT: Here’s the link: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCp_jSukjhHr7kDrasj5K8dA

It may not be much help now, but Respawn Punisher adds about half a second to the enemies' respawn time, while it adds a little over a second to yours. Personally I don't think this ability is worth running in most situations, the risk vs reward factor of it isn't very balanced.

Back