How often do eShop game prices drop?

• Thread starter Knight Rain
  • Start date
Knight Rain

Knight Rain

:)
Towns Folk
I recently checked out the nintendo 3ds eshop and saw etrian odyssey had a huge price cut to 10$ along with devil survivor overclocked. I remember these games have had price drops in the past. How often does this happen? Will the prices drop this low again? Really drawn to the huge price cut even though I probably won't play those games for a while after I get them

I know phoenix wright dual destines had multiple price drops, so they may stay, but don't relie on it.

I'm sure you'll see them again :p

But for price drops, it really depends on the game. Atlus for example (DeSu Overclocked and Etrian Odyssey games) normally have discounts on the eShop but you'll likely see them for old games or when they're releasing something new.

If the game was published by Nintendo, you'll hardly see discounts for it.

The smaller eShop titles normally have discounts as well, but they may not be soo common for specific titles.

Reactions: Robbie
Is it sad I never noticed the prices drop :panda:. It's nice to know they do. I wanna say they drop when they feel it's not selling as it should or if it's been sitting in the eShop a while.

Price drops for the games you mentioned seem to happen seasonally; just have to keep your eyes peeled every so often for sales. :jimlad:

As MikaWindy said, ita about keeping eyes opened.

The ones I have seen are mostly old Atlus games (Explained by Marc).

Nintendo has discounts sometimes and they usually send a message regarding it as a notification in the notification panel on the 3ds. Just keep your eyes opened ;)

All the time! They just keep getting lower and lower. Whenever there is a price drop, just know that there will be a price drop on that title again in a few months. There is a crappy game that I bought for 7 dollars, but after a few months, it was only 1 dollar! Price drops occur on all titles.

I think they have sales on different games every week or so. Some times some of the games for sale are there for a good while but if you look some of them have a date on them for how long they are going to be in the e-shop. I've seen some that have stayed on sale for almost two or three weeks. You just have to keep checking back every week.

The eshop has sales every so week or season. I've only seen the sales on wii u this week so I don't really know about 3ds currently.

Price drops are really cool ,but they kind of suck too I bought Resident Evil the Mercanaries for $39.99 and then it dropped in 2015 8 I wa kind of upset because I lost money also games like Luigis Mansion Dark Moon and The Legend Of Zelda dropped to $19.99 because they were selected to be Nintendo Selects and was one reason why I lost money also one time when it was my birthday I got a coupon from Nintendo saying I could get some games half the price and I was looking to buy New Super Mario Bros for the Wii U and I was going to buy it on Eshop for $59.99 ,but was $41.99 which was a great deal you should look at the price drops and be aware of them just in case one of your favorite game goes down you can get it.

Haha nice timing. There's a sale going on currently, includes titles from Phionex Wright to Street fighter. This is Canadian eshop though, not sure about other regions. But I think they usually happen during major festive times like Christmas or major sales such as Black Friday, I think, not too sure.

Edit: also sometimes for franchises with multiple games on the system, they usually have price drops on the older games in the series before/during the release of the new one.

Virtue's Last Reward and Dual Destinies seem to get discounted every other week, which kinda saddens me tbh because they're both amazing games. I think they don't sell enough, Ace Attorney games don't even get physical copies anymore :(

Also lots of obscure eShop exclusives get pricedrops, but most of them don't seem to be worth your money, even with the lowered prices :n-omg:

Sales in general happen every day, but the quality of the games on sale varies greatly. Some companies offer a launch sale, some put a game pretty much permanently for sale after a year.

Atlus regularly has huge discounts. In general those happen around the holidays, the release of a game or in periods where everyone else has a sale. Keep an eye out, because they make awesome games.

Technically not a sale but still a nice discount: My Nintendo discounts. On top of the ones they display as rewards, in the month of you birthday you will get 30% off one of their biggest titles at that moment. (You get to pick one!) That does not cost you any coins. Guess who got FE:Fates for cheap? :D

Back