How often do you clean controllers?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
So we all game on our Wii u right? But how often do you clean your controllers for your Wii u? I usually have to clean my screen for my gamepad every once in a while but other than that, not very often. My other ones are pretty old as well so I don't bother with them :p

Probably like once a week. I don't really play the Wii U much, hence why the Gamepad doesn't need to be cleaned frequently. I use a baby wipe and then a soft cloth to wipe away the marks and dirt. :p

Probably once every time I remember....
:brb:

Probably like once a week. I don't really play the Wii U much, hence why the Gamepad doesn't need to be cleaned frequently. I use a baby wipe and then a soft cloth to wipe away the marks and dirt. :p
Nah fam you just got lick your thumb wipe the screen clean with shirt. I get all substances from food on it and don't bother with it :p

Reactions: Mikaya
I only wipe the dust off if there is any and that's normally after long periods of time when I don't use it.

Sometimes I wipe the screen too if it's dirty >.<

Are you supposed to clean the controllers? I just blow the dust away and it's game time!

I don't clean my actually controllers unless I drop like pizza sauce on it but my 2DS that requires a wash every time I use my fingers instead of my stylus (#IHadTheThingFor2YearsAndIStillDidntLooseTheStylys) and my more mandatory once a week wash, or if my mom takes it and I get it back I wash it because her nightstand's cabinets are messy!

Every two days, or straight after my little brother played with it. As soon as he picks up the GamePad, it becomes sticky, and have all kinds of fingerprints, which are so visible on the GamePad (the fact the GamePad is kinda glossy doesn't help either).
As for the screen, rarely. Most of the time, it's just some dust that just happened to fall on the screen, so, blowing on it makes it go away, but, it becomes more complicated when it's on the border of the screen or you know... just between the screen and plastic frame, thing that can and will render the touch screen hard to use?

Actually... I rarely clean any of my controllers. (Unless the controller is a simple enough design, I cannot bring myself to work on any of the newer ones.)

Never.
Ever.
EVER!
Unless, of course, I get the best chips ever in the entirety of the universe that is known as cheetos get stuck in the buttons (especially in the D-Pad and the analog sticks)!
I hate that so much. Don't even get me started on the greasy fingerprints, man! That stuff's all OVER my 3DS!

Hmmm... let me see.... How about never? Who even cares about cleaning their controllers I surely don't when its time to play i just jump in and start playing. As if my controller wasnt dirty at all. I don't even care it it was. Who has the time to clean controllers?

So we all game on our Wii u right? But how often do you clean your controllers for your Wii u? I usually have to clean my screen for my gamepad every once in a while but other than that, not very often. My other ones are pretty old as well so I don't bother with them :p
Would it be fine if I cleaned my ds with a paper towel and water would it mess it up

I'm so lazy i've never cleaned my controllers >.< heck half of them are stuck behind the back of my bed XD i only really use my game pad anyway (a small moment of silence for all the controllers and games lost at the back of my bed ;~;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually clean my gamepad the improper way (with my shirt lol). But the last time I really cleaned it was when I accidentally spilled some watermelon juice on it, which was around 3 months ago. xD

My controllers usually don't get very dirty, since I usually wash my hands before I play. If I need to I'll just use a microfiber cloth and rub them down. Maybe once a month I'll clean my controllers? For my handhelds it's usually every 2 days.

My controllers usually don't get very dirty, since I usually wash my hands before I play. If I need to I'll just use a microfiber cloth and rub them down. Maybe once a month I'll clean my controllers? For my handhelds it's usually every 2 days.
When I had an Xbox 360, I didn't need to clean the controller because it was wireless and I made sure it touched nothing but the always-clean desk in my room. And my 2DS I carry everywhere so it doesn't get dirty or touched by anybody. If you touched my 2DS I would do major harm to you.

The only controller that I ever really clean on the WiiU is the gamepad itself. Its screen gets dirty extremely quickly, and it needs to be cleaned often in order to keep the screen easily readable (or at least clean enough to use). Due to the short distance that the gamepad usually sits from your face, it can get spit on it quite easily as well...:dead:

Back