How should I watch/read the Fate series?

• Thread starter AngelsShadow
  • Start date
AngelsShadow

AngelsShadow

Number XIV in the orginization, The Noisy Artist
Towns Folk
So lately ive been really wondering about the rest of the Fate series, So i am willing to read the manga. and such. I wish they would come out with more anime though.

so my main problem is what order should I go about reading? watching the fate series? Ive seen Fate/Zero snd Fate/ stay night UBW.

There is a problem with the Fate series' order.

The source material are 2 novels, Fate/Stay Night is a Visual Novel and the first to be made in the series. It features 3 routes with alternate events occurring. Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

Fate/Zero is a Light Novel and the prequel to Fate/Stay Night.

2 anime were made for Fate/Stay Night first, by Studio Deen. These are bad. Don't watch them.

Ufotable later made Fate/Zero anime to act as the starting point of the series, to be continued with both Fate/Stay Night anime also by ufotable (Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel, the Fate route is most likely going to be omitted)

My recommendation on order is this:
Read all 3 routes on Fate/Stay Night (the Visual Novel) > Read the Fate/Zero Light Novel > Watch the Fate/Zero anime > Watch the Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works anime > Watch the Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel anime movies (once they're out).

Ignore the Fate/Stay Night anime by Studio Deen.

As a small clarification, it kinda works like this.

Fate/Zero light novel is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night visual novel, but the Fate/Stay Night anime (by ufotable) is the sequel to the Fate/Zero anime.

After you're done with these xD if you like them enough, there are various spin-offs from the series c:

There is a problem with the Fate series' order.

The source material are 2 novels, Fate/Stay Night is a Visual Novel and the first to be made in the series. It features 3 routes with alternate events occurring. Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

Fate/Zero is a Light Novel and the prequel to Fate/Stay Night.

2 anime were made for Fate/Stay Night first, by Studio Deen. These are bad. Don't watch them.

Ufotable later made Fate/Zero anime to act as the starting point of the series, to be continued with both Fate/Stay Night anime also by ufotable (Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel, the Fate route is most likely going to be omitted)

My recommendation on order is this:
Read all 3 routes on Fate/Stay Night (the Visual Novel) > Read the Fate/Zero Light Novel > Watch the Fate/Zero anime > Watch the Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works anime > Watch the Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel anime movies (once they're out).

Ignore the Fate/Stay Night anime by Studio Deen.

As a small clarification, it kinda works like this.

Fate/Zero light novel is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night visual novel, but the Fate/Stay Night anime (by ufotable) is the sequel to the Fate/Zero anime.
what about the other grail wars? like Fate/Hollow? and fate grand order?
and what are those anyways?

what about the other grail wars? like Fate/Hollow? and fate grand order?
and what are those anyways?
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is a "sequel" Visual Novel to Fate/Stay Night.

It's actually just kinda like official fanfic, it follows no routes, yet at the same time follows all routes (it's complicated) it's just pure fanservice where all humans and servants are alive.

Fate/Grand Order is a japan-only online game where you get to summon many Servants. The story is supposedly good, but the gameplay is just awful. And it's in japanese so I don't recommend it.

Fate/Prototype is an early draft of Fate/Stay Night turned into a Light Novel series.

Fate/Apocrypha is kinda like an alternate universe. It's a Light Novel about a war between two teams of seven Servants each.

Fate/Strange Fake is a distant sequel to Fate/Stay Night, haven't read much but it's apparently about some North American mages trying to copy the Fuyuki Holy Grail.

Fate/Extra is another alternate universe where the world's Mana dried up before the events of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night occurred. It takes place on a Holy Grail War inside the Moon. It's a RPG for PSP, you can choose between 3 Servants, Saber, Archer and Caster.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is a magical girl alternate universe anime/manga focused around Illya.

Definitely check them out if you like Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero, though IMO they don't surpass them in quality xD

Reactions: AngelsShadow
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is a "sequel" Visual Novel to Fate/Stay Night.

It's actually just kinda like official fanfic, it follows no routes, yet at the same time follows all routes (it's complicated) it's just pure fanservice where all humans and servants are alive.

Fate/Grand Order is a japan-only online game where you get to summon many Servants. The story is supposedly good, but the gameplay is just awful. And it's in japanese so I don't recommend it.

Fate/Prototype is an early draft of Fate/Stay Night turned into a Light Novel series.

Fate/Apocrypha is kinda like an alternate universe. It's a Light Novel about a war between two teams of seven Servants each.

Fate/Strange Fake is a distant sequel to Fate/Stay Night, haven't read much but it's apparently about some North American mages trying to copy the Fuyuki Holy Grail.

Fate/Extra is another alternate universe where the world's Mana dried up before the events of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night occurred. It takes place on a Holy Grail War inside the Moon. It's a RPG for PSP, you can choose between 3 Servants, Saber, Archer and Caster.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is a magical girl alternate universe anime/manga focused around Illya.

Definitely check them out if you like Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero, though IMO they don't surpass them in quality xD
Okay thanks a lot man! Looks there is alot of reading to do. hopefully I find the time to. Do you know wherre I can get the visual novels for free? (money is not something I have)

Okay thanks a lot man! Looks there is alot of reading to do. hopefully I find the time to. Do you know wherre I can get the visual novels for free? (money is not something I have)
Meh, there is literally no way to acquire an english-patchable version of the VN anyway. The only ones sold rn are the PS Vita version and the Android/iOS version which haven't been patched yet.

I'll PM you c:

Meh, there is literally no way to acquire an english-patchable version of the VN anyway. The only ones sold rn are the PS Vita version and the Android/iOS version which haven't been patched yet.

I'll PM you c:
Alright

Back