How to Fix Modem's Router occasionally disconnects Wi-Fi signal

• Thread starter frog
  • Start date
frog

frog

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Is there anyway to fix a router from occasionally disconnecting the Wi-Fi signal on a weekly or monthly basis.

It is not a huge deal that the Wi-Fi occasionally disconnects since it only happens on a weekly or monthly basis. I just have to restart the router by using a desktop computer with a wired Ethernet connection to restart it.

What is weird is that I still see my wi-fi name on the list of Wi-Fi connection, but can't connect to it even when I'm sitting next to the router.

Based on what you said I feel like your router isn't disconnecting. I think it is just updating as it only does this on a weekly-monthly basis. However, like you said this is fixed through a desktop ethernet connection to a desktop as it is only sending one signal through ethernet cable and not any wireless signal until the update is complete allowing a full restart in which the wireless frequency is now 'focused'. My suggestion would be to just allow this to happen and reboot the router using a desktop computer as you have been. (P.S. seeing your wi-fi name in your settings does not mean it is currently accessible or usable at that time, hence another reason why I think your router is just updating.)

Based on what you said I feel like your router isn't disconnecting. I think it is just updating as it only does this on a weekly-monthly basis. However, like you said this is fixed through a desktop ethernet connection to a desktop as it is only sending one signal through ethernet cable and not any wireless signal until the update is complete allowing a full restart in which the wireless frequency is now 'focused'. My suggestion would be to just allow this to happen and reboot the router using a desktop computer as you have been. (P.S. seeing your wi-fi name in your settings does not mean it is currently accessible or usable at that time, hence another reason why I think your router is just updating.)

Thanks I think it is a possibility that my router and modem is updating from a released update from my ISP, or router maintenance from my ISP.

My ISP maybe updating the router modem which was given to me by my ISP.

So far, there have been no wireless disconnection problems with my router for awhile.

Thanks I think it is a possibility that my router and modem is updating from a released update from my ISP, or router maintenance from my ISP.

My ISP maybe updating the router modem which was given to me by my ISP.

So far, there have been no wireless disconnection problems with my router for awhile.
Good! Glad you figured it out!

Back