How to force Chrome to stay as Google.com and not redirect to country extension?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I already know how to make it so that Chrome forces Google.com to be used when searching via address bar, but whenever I go to Google.com directly on Chrome, it redirects me to the country domain extension.

Anyone knows how to force Chrome to always use Google.com instead of the redirect? :angelic:

Kind of tired of having to press Google.com on the bottom-right corner of the screen.

Google automatically re-directs you to your countries extension. It's highly annoying, I know. Since for me .co.uk quite often takes away most entries which may be what I'm looking for.

There's no way past it unless you use a proxy, or install an extension which stops automatic redirects. I don't know if there's a specific way of doing it on chrome, but it happens on all browsers unfortunately. This is mainly why I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine

That's never actually worked for me, idk why. I've tried on multiple browsers too.
Ah? I just tried it before posting and indeed got google.com instead of google.fr when typing a search. Not sure what makes it different for you.

It worked. Thanks a lot.
That's never actually worked for me, idk why. I've tried on multiple browsers too.
What happens when you enter this into your address bar?
Code:
www.google.com/ncr
Do you still get redirected to Google.CountryExtension?

It worked. Thanks a lot.

What happens when you enter this into your address bar?
Code:
www.google.com/ncr
Do you still get redirected to Google.CountryExtension?

Yup, just takes me to google.co.uk

I use DuckDuckGo now so I don't get this issue since I use the google you get from that search engine. Plus it doesn't track you like google does..

Back