Humble Bundle Acquired by IGN

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Wasn't really expecting this but it's true. Seems like IGN has acquired Humble Bundle :
Humble Bundle Blog said:
Announcing our biggest bundle ever: Humble Bundle is proudly joining the IGN family! We will continue to bring you all of our humble products, but with more resources and help from IGN.

We chose IGN because they really understand our vision, share our passion for games, and believe in our mission to promote awesome digital content while helping charity. I can’t think of a better partner than IGN to help Humble Bundle continue our quest.

We will be working harder than ever to bring you the best gaming bundles, book bundles, and store sales, while nurturing the Humble Monthly and our new publishing initiative. We will keep our own office, culture, and amazing team with IGN helping us further our plans. We will raise even more money for charity.
Source: http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/166366386976/humble-bundle-is-joining-forces-with-ign

Maybe this could lead to better games?

I don't really think anything is going to change with how Humble Bundle currently works. According to the blog post, there are exiting things planned for the future and IGN is perfect to help out.

How do you feel about IGN acquiring Humble Bundle?

I'm worried, really.

I don't really endorse IGN, we often say that IGN stands for IGNorance and I hope Humble Bundle made the right decision.

Whoa. For Humble Bundle, that's a big move. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. IGN has helped me a lot with cheats and secrets and whatnot. But, I'm not so sure IGN is qualified to take over a company like Humble Bundle. Just based on their ads and who they are in general, I;m guessing Humble Bundle will now start including more mature games in their bundle. I hope that's not the case, but if so, I'll have to be careful with what bundles I buy.

I'm quite against this move, just because back history of IGN (and how it's a meme .-.). But I don't trust their word on that they won't change HB at all, they'll find a way to make themselves more money and they'll do it. It's a shame really, and I do hope they continue giving as much to charity and to the game devs as much as they currently do (Though the cut to the game devs could do with being just a tiny bit higher...).

I guess we'll just have to sit back and watch what unfolds unfortunately.

I;m guessing Humble Bundle will now start including more mature games in their bundle. I hope that's not the case, but if so, I'll have to be careful with what bundles I buy.

Did you not see the bundle they had a short while ago? xD

Tbf, I wouldn't mind more mature bundles. I guess the Borderlands bundle could be classed as one. A Saints Row bundle would be nice, I could get the rest of the games in that series I'm missing!

Back