Hyrule Hystoria

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I REALLY wish I had the Hyrule Historian and also REALLY wish they would show how the new Zelda U game fits in the timeline!
How do you think Nintendo will explain it?

Very informatively I bet.

Reactions: Kakea
I have a feeling it'll be in the farish future of Twilight Princess. The entire land has a brighter feel, but also is kind of similar to the TP and through that, the Ocarina of Time lands. The ruins they showed in the most recent video released could be a castle from one of the older games. It's either this or a completely different universe, like Wind Waker.
Somehow I can't see it being set in a non-TP or OoT world, and I highly doubt it would be set at a time very close to these games.

Much different than what I assumed:I thought from the first video when I heard it's like the first game I thought they also meant in story, since the first Zelda's in The Hero Dies timeline(if I remember right) I think the time is set then as Link can explore freely there.The thing the other Links couldn't do in the alternate times...

The Hyrule Historia is pretty complicated indeed :p it was all covered but then there's a lot of new zelda games upcoming so it would be interesting to see how they all fit in . I wouldn't really judge where to put the Zelda Wii U game in it until I get the general storyline :p

I'm think they would need to redo the book or make a digital version and send new parts every time they add new Zelda games/times(I wish if they were going to keep making Zelda they would show only where the game fits in at then(hopefully it WON'T happen) if they drop the series they could make a book for it, As they killed many other games with NO historian or anything for fans of it...

Even now that Breath of the Wild is out, no one knows exactly where it fits on the timeline. Nintendo has stated that the game takes place long after any of the other games in the series, but it is not known what branch of the timeline it fits on, as it cconatins many references to all three of the timelines.

I've got this Book and it's a Zelda Fans Dream! I love that it explains the games and what it's most about. It explains the 3 Different Timelines and shows you the Language used in the game and is decoded for some of them. And for a Bonus that I really love is, There is a Zelda Manga! In the back of the book there is a Zelda Manga that takes place in the Skyward Sword Game. I won't spoil anything but it's really good.

I've got this Book and it's a Zelda Fans Dream! I love that it explains the games and what it's most about. It explains the 3 Different Timelines and shows you the Language used in the game and is decoded for some of them. And for a Bonus that I really love is, There is a Zelda Manga! In the back of the book there is a Zelda Manga that takes place in the Skyward Sword Game. I won't spoil anything but it's really good.

Please spoil, I can't buy the book neither do I have any idea if I'll even see it period! Please tell me an out the timelines, I'm more confused now about the story than I've ever been! They create Hyrule Hystoria, then compmetely tossed it out the window!!!

Well I would spoil it for you, but I'm not really the type of person to spoil anything. Yes I do know about using but I still wouldn't do it. But I'll just say this, there are 3 timelines that split. The Decline of Hyrule and the Last Hero, The Twilight Realm and the Legacy of the Hero, and The Hero of Winds and a New World.

I'll make a thread about it don't worry:p

Hyrule Historia does contain lots of misinformation based on outdated development materials; and several creative liberties, so lately I've been treating it as ambiguously canon at best.

Reactions: Knight
Hyrule Historia does contain lots of misinformation based on outdated development materials; and several creative liberties, so lately I've been treating it as ambiguously canon at best.
Hyrule Historia is a good book with lots of information though. Well all the information is correct but it's just a little old. I mean it's actually the only best source we have for Zelda until they possibly make a whole new book. As for the outdated development materials, all that stuff is mostly just design sketches for the games and some ideas that never made it to the game. Other than that and the manga, the whole book is just information that is really useful and gives an idea on what and where these Zelda games are.

This. While the book contained some interesting lore revelations and confirmed some fan theories back when it was first released (such as the Hero's Spirit's true identity), most of the other information is barebones at best, and outright incorrect at worst. The Zelda wikis are usually a far more trustworthy source of Zelda information, despite being inofficial. Many gaming encyclopaediae contain some misprints and shortcomings, but Hyrule Historia is fairly simple for an official book. I treat it more as an artbook with development sketches and some interesting tidbits than an informative holy scripture of the Zelda series.

It's a good book and I'm very grateful it exists and was sold outside of Japan (I remember placing my order fairly soon after it was made available), but as a encyclopaediae for an entire franchise, it doesn't go into depth.

Reactions: Blue Knight and Pandaxclone2
Back