I need your help to choose my next Nintendo Switch game

• Thread starter Big Yoshi
  • Start date
Big Yoshi

Big Yoshi

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey everyone! I almost finished BotW on the Switch and I am not sure which game should I pick next. I currently have 50 € on my Switch (planning to add 10 more) and I'm not sure what is better for me to do: Should I pick Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 or wait for E3. For Mario Kart, I really want it and it's coming very soon. For Splatoon 2, it's the game I want the most but it's coming in the summer. E3 is in June and if I choose Mario Kart and a great game gets announced on E3 I probably won't be able to pick it immediately (will be especially sad if a Pokemon game gets announced). But if a game gets announced on E3 it'll take time until it comes out.
What's the best thing to do in your opinion? Thanks!

Wait for E3 and buy a real game with a story, instead of a rehash.

Wait an think about it. Especially until E3 is over. It never ends well when you rush in an buy a game, before really thinking it over. (The one time I bought a game on release day I was sadly disappointed.)( I was also a stupid little kid, though.) Best to just wait until you know for sure what game you want to get.

Mario Kart 8 deluxe may be a good choice, since you can play two-player in tabletop mode. It also includes everything from the wii u version (including DLC) and a revamped battle mode. However i do think you should get some indies. Theyre not that pricey and some of them (like shovel knight) are really fun.

I'd wait a bit longer. Unless you're a HUGE Splatoon and/or Mario Kart fan, I wouldn't recommend buying those titles until a bit later. Who knows what games could be announced at E3 that you could save for? (*cough*sm4sh switch *cough*)

Smash probably wont come out till next year and will probably be a port of the wii u version with 3ds features. Smash Run would work very well, and on a more powerfull system, the possibilities are endless

Reactions: Tri-force64
First of all, I don't think with the Nintendo direct and all that announcing new games and stuff, you should probably wait a couple months before you consider spending your money. But if you're really craving more games, then try buying shovel knight spectre of torment or Mario kart 8 deluxe cause those are great games.

Senran Kagura for the Switch. A very family-friendly, wholesome game.

Reactions: Tri-force64, PrimordialMew24, freezebot and 1 other person
If you haven´t tried MK8, well I suggest you to do ASAP. That game is the best mario kart game. Stunning visuals, great gameplay, a big rooster of characters to play with, outstanding courses and cups and the most anticipated renewed battle mode. If you want to have really good time playing this, solo or together with other people, this is definitively the game.

I would say Splatoon 2 since it will probably get cool events.

Now that E3 is over, I would suggest either going ahead and buying Mario Kart 8 DX or waiting until summer and buying Splatoon 2, as no other great games are coming out until later in the year. Don't get me wrong, both of the games I've listed are great, I'm just talking about big releases in general.

Back