imagine electronic projects with the switch!

• Thread starter Michael554466
  • Start date
Michael554466

Michael554466

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
what if Nintendo released a set of development joy cons that allows for hardware configuring like an arduino or raspberry pi > i/o pins, along with a game cart/software that lets you program stuff.
The components could be from Nintendo to insure compatibility with the visual programming blocks.
This is more of a software idea but its a significant hardware addition too!

I personally love this and it could be great for kids creativity and leaning! I'm thinking some kits to get them started, and then sets of components and even separate components!
Just think of the possibilities!

What would you, the community want out of this?
would you even want it at all?
Could you see Nintendo doing this in the future, after Labo has died down?
What would they call it?

I can't wait for your posts!

This would be a cool idea, if not for a gigantic glaring problem with it: Hacking and Piracy! The 3ds and Wii U had pretty bad security, and this led to all manner of piracy, homebrew etc. This did actually increase console sales, because people developing these hacks would always need more consoles to test on, and with different firmware versions, but it also enabled piracy for a number of users. Most of the stuff homebrew could do was harmless, like emulating old games, transferring save data, rom hacks, playing out of region cartridges, or using custom themes, but still all of this is something Nintendo doesn't want to happen again on Switch.

While the Switch's security is not perfect, and there are already lots of hacks and vulnerabilities being investigated and developed, having something where people could easily mess with hardware would break open the flood gates to everything. While I agree it would be cool for junior developers, I think they should just stick with Nintendo Labo, and other, separate methods of creating things. Or at least that's what Nintendo will do.

This would be a cool idea, if not for a gigantic glaring problem with it: Hacking and Piracy! The 3ds and Wii U had pretty bad security, and this led to all manner of piracy, homebrew etc. This did actually increase console sales, because people developing these hacks would always need more consoles to test on, and with different firmware versions, but it also enabled piracy for a number of users. Most of the stuff homebrew could do was harmless, like emulating old games, transferring save data, rom hacks, playing out of region cartridges, or using custom themes, but still all of this is something Nintendo doesn't want to happen again on Switch.

While the Switch's security is not perfect, and there are already lots of hacks and vulnerabilities being investigated and developed, having something where people could easily mess with hardware would break open the flood gates to everything. While I agree it would be cool for junior developers, I think they should just stick with Nintendo Labo, and other, separate methods of creating things. Or at least that's what Nintendo will do.

yeh... I know... but the joycon wireless connectors have already been hacked, and they could improve security or ignore it all together ether way. But your right, and so, it won't happen.

Back