Inkling Stamina (Splatoon)

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
It is me, or do Inklings get splatted way too quickly in Splatoon? Even if you have defense up ability in one of your gear pieces. I sometimes get OHKO'd by an OP weapon (Luna blaster for example) and it does get pretty annoying. Maybe some weapons are just too powerful for their own good? xD

I personally think the stamina of Inklings should be increased so they can survive longer in battle. Matches might be a bit more challenging, however. :p

It is me, or do Inklings get splatted way too quickly in Splatoon? Even if you have defense up ability in one of your gear pieces. I sometimes get OHKO'd by an OP weapon (Luna blaster for example) and it does get pretty annoying. Maybe some weapons are just too powerful for their own good? xD

I personally think the stamina of Inklings should be increased so they can survive longer in battle. Matches might be a bit more challenging, however. :p
Well, I personally think that's the way it should be. You have to remember that Splatoon is a really fast paced game, with matches that take 3-5 minutes. Having it be any slower would take out some of the thrill off it. Blasters, Roller and Chargers are the weapons able to on-hit-splat in the game, but they all have their shortcomings, you just need to play smarter than them and take advantage of that! You don't even have to fear getting close and personal against E-Liters anymore, they can only use 2 Burst Bombs now that they were nerfed :p I remember that I once read a tweet by a certain hacker that likes messing around with Splatoon and Super Mario Maker coding that there's an unfinished ability in the game's coding called along the lines of "Damage Recovery Up" that would've allowed players to recover from damage faster. It'd have been interesting to see it used alongside Defense Up! :p

Reactions: Mikaya
That's why you don't approach enemy inklings right in their faces. xD Like Samuel, I also think the stamina is fine just the way it is. Maybe I'd agree with you if inklings had health bars (which would be pretty weird), but inklings are almost as weak as Octarians on the battle field, even with the best abilities. Going up against inky adversaries weilding "OP weapons" shoudn't be unfair if you know the match-up. More health would also mean more time for enemies to escape/react from/to your attack. :p

I'm fine with the way it is, it just makes me more determined to practice. Though I must admit, I hate hate hate when enemies use Blasters and Blast me around corners. When I try to use a Blaster I fail. When I don't use a Blaster I get splatter by one. They're just so frustrating!

I think that inklings have enough stamina, even if the concept of the rollers being an OHKO seems a bit odd to me. The fast deaths lead to fast reactions, which leads to a fast play style, which is what the game is intended to have. This is why I am glad that the map rotation was made faster in Splatoon 2.

Back