ARMS Is ARMS any good?

• Thread starter Alajú
  • Start date
Alajú

Alajú

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Hellooo!

So I've heard from a number of people that ARMS is a great game, and that they enjoy it immensely. I've heard from an equal amount of others that it's boring and definitely not worth its price. Why or why not do you think ARMS is or isn't worth it?

Thanks!:D

I personally don't own ARMS, but I played in the Global Testpunch and it was very fun. It's probably a fun game to play online, and a good thing about it is that it will get free DLC, so it can always improve.

I've heard from an equal amount of others that it's boring and definitely not worth its price. Why or why not do you think ARMS is or isn't worth it?
I know @Fooni owns the game and she told me it was fun for a while then it got boring to the point she only played local multiplayer when someone wanted to play with her.

Hellooo!

So I've heard from a number of people that ARMS is a great game, and that they enjoy it immensely. I've heard from an equal amount of others that it's boring and definitely not worth its price. Why or why not do you think ARMS is or isn't worth it?

Thanks!:D

Oops! Sorry for the late reply. As Marc mentioned i do have ARMS. Apparently ARMS was a good game until you finished beating the game with all characters and finishing all of the CPU levels from 1 - 7. Including getting every characters the same gloves. So essentially every characters can use each other's gloves obtaining from a "Get ARMS" mode. Unless you are going to play Ranked and Party Mode with alot of friends or family then i will only highly recommended this game if you're active with a partner. Otherwise its not really fun playing alone after awhile. Its gets boring or repetitive doing the same moves against CPU's. For other players online however, i guess that can be consider fun too? Its a test to limit your skills or exercise in real life with your real arms. This game supports controllers too so if you're not the Motion Control user type, you can play with your fingers and can be equally challenged with other players. Personally about the price it should be worth at $45-50 dollars only and not $60. But

If you're interested in trying a new game on the Switch, can definitely check it out. You can always refund it in 30 days if you buy the physical copy of ARMS. At least thats how it works here in america. And since Splatoon 2 is already out they are essentially the same price. Trade it back in for Splatoon 2 if ARMS didn't turned out to be your favor.

I played the Global Testpunch of ARMS, and then played it a ton locally with my friend (bc he has more money for games than I do. What a nerd.) and just recently got it for myself. I have had a great time playing it. The CPU has a steep learning curve from levels 1-4, which is necessary to complete if you want to unlock Ranked mode. Party mode is unlocked from the start, and is a great moshpit of a variety of skill levels. Some of my favorite matches are party mode.

I think what makes me enjoy this game the most is the community. I'm active in a couple tournament scenes and two very large ARMS discords, and this community is what gives me the most enjoyment in playing. I wouldn't be a Mechanica main if it wasn't for a player named Smalten who gives out so many tips and tricks and is a joy to watch. I also just completed a round robin for a tournament today and my group was constantly giving out advice and compliments at the end of each match.

In the end, as a multiplayer game that runs on online mode, ARMS is what you make of it. Finding a community of gamers online is personally what made the game great for me, and is what I do for all multiplayer games (even Splatoon) to get the most enjoyment out of them.

ARMS is really great if you're interested in buying it you should buy it don't let anyone take your intentions of buying it if you really want it look at some walkthroughs in youtube and see if you like it this what I always do with games so I could see if I'm interested or not and if you are interested stop watching them because it can spoil the game for you if you're going to buy it and if you're into fighting games and tournaments you will love this game and you can play with your brother,cousins, or friends this game when I went to my cousins shiyse he had ARMS and it was really fun even though my cousin was young I had no idea how he managed to beat me in the games ARMS and the great thing is that Nintendo Switch lets you play portably ,but if you want you can always wait for spoken DX Tournament and wait for it since it's kind of like ARMS ,but better.

I think arms has some built in potential to be considered. First of all, it is an exclusive game that uses the switch´s capability of motion controls. Secon, there are always updates that keep enlarging the game even more and the best part of those updates is that they are for free. Third, it is a blast to play this game with a friend, even though you can play some fights online but you must make sure that your internet connection is good and thus it supports the online multiplayer.
I have Heard some people complaining about this game and they say that the game turns boring after a while of playing it, this could possibly be due to the fact that they play alone, they don´t play this game with other people and that´s a huge mistake.

Back