Is Super Mario Odyssey a remake of a Sonic game?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
So we all know that for the Nintendo Switch there's a new Mario game called Super Mario Odyssey.The game has amazing graphics and a crazy new thing is Mario's Cap has eyes.But the problem with this Mario game it has real looking humans!Its just bizarre that Nintendo decided to to this but what is strange is that Sega already did this with some Sonic games.I didn't like the idea of it but they had Sonic in a real life setting too.I'm kinda thinking that Nintendo is copying Sega since we all know Nintendo and Sega were once rivals but I'm not certain if this is basically copying.So my question is "Is Super Mario Odyssey a remake of a Sonic game?"Let me know what you guys think.And here's a photo to go with this.image.jpeg

New Donk City is only another planet Mario visits, so in a sense, Mario is an alien to them. (An Illegal Alien! XD)

New Donk City is only another planet Mario visits, so in a sense, Mario is an alien to them. (An Illegal Alien! XD)
O-O That makes sense.You could be right.

Reactions: Ace
Umm...... No! This is definitely not anything close to a remake of a Sonic game. If you've paid any attention to the coverage of the game then you would know that this is just one of the many world Mario visits in his upcoming adventure, and that all of them are vastly different from each other and anywhere he's ever been before. Just because one of them has realistically proportioned Humans, doesn't mean it's a rip-off of Sonic, even if Sonic has done something similar before.

If that was a case, both of them would be ripping-off real life, and would be likely to be sued by everyone who lives in a city like that. This game is completely different from any sonic game, and has almost no similarities to it.

Although, Mario can roll around in a ball now. hmm.....

Actually the similarities is that the city's that there in look similar

They actually look very different. Mario Odyssey's New Donk City is very obviously based off of New York City, with a lot off references to the Donkey Kong series added in. Sonic's city seems to be based off of Los Angeles.

The cities don't actually look very similar, but even if they did it wouldn't be even nearly close enough to call it a sequel or a rip-off. It's one incredibly tiny piece of each game, not to mention the myriad of non similarities.

Back