Is the 3DS still region locked?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
I remember something like them removing region locking with an update. Or was I dreaming?

Clarify for me you big babies.

Reactions: AricAttack
Digital or physical?

Physical. I want to play this fighting game where girls with really big boobs hit each other but I don't want to buy the cartridge and find out it was a different region and I can't play it.

Physical. I want to play this fighting game where girls with really big boobs hit each other but I don't want to buy the cartridge and find out it was a different region and I can't play it.
Idk they look pretty simpler I think it might work

Idk they look pretty simpler I think it might work
What?

Are you sure this is the thread you meant to post in?

What?

Are you sure this is the thread you meant to post in?
I meant similar

I remember something like them removing region locking with an update. Or was I dreaming?
I don't think Nintendo officially did this with the 3DS or any of the newer 3DSs :panda:

Oh no (◕︿◕✿) that's just so sad.

Region lock is still a thing. It was never removed. You can play region locked games if you install Custom Firmware on your 3ds. Depending on your system version you can do it for free, or if you are on the newest system version it may cost up to about $20.

Region lock is still a thing. It was never removed. You can play region locked games if you install Custom Firmware on your 3ds. Depending on your system version you can do it for free, or if you are on the newest system version it may cost up to about $20.
Eff no! I'm too old for this. I'll just buy it where I'm sure the region is US. THANKS for the info though, you're a decent boy.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
Eff no! I'm too old for this. I'll just buy it where I'm sure the region is US. THANKS for the info though, you're a decent boy.
I wasn’t sure :( I still tried to help

It's really not hard at all. You can literally buy a cartridge that install CFW for you. all you have to do is stick it in your 3ds and press start. You can also follow 3ds.guide, and look on GBATemp.net

Reactions: 18
It's really not hard at all. You can literally buy a cartridge that install CFW for you. all you have to do is stick it in your 3ds and press start. You can also follow 3ds.guide, and look on GBATemp.net

I won't do it immediately but I'll think about it. Thanks for the advice my smol frend.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
I love how I'm a smol friend and a decent boy. I feel like a doggo.

Reactions: Samster, Duffy and 18
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back