Is the NX going to be better than the Wii U?

• Thread starter Allanbuzzy
  • Start date
Allanbuzzy

Allanbuzzy

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Nintendo isn't really getting enough consumers to buy their new systems, which could be the reason of their marketing. Ninty tries to make commercials for the Wii U, but just fails. They do want people to buy their systems, but there's no advertisements that give the Wii U the spotlight. It's possible the NX will save Nintendo's company, but there's no guarantee.

The only people who buy consoles are the ones going for the XBOX One or the PS4, and still, Wii U comes down to the bottom. Sure, there is a Starfox game coming out and there's Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros but the Wii U just doesn't compete with any console in the market right now and the NX would probably not compete with those systems. NX could go the way the Wii U is right now, and flop, but in the way Nintendo is, it's not possible for the Nintendo NX to fail.

There is the other console Ninty made called the 3DS. It did very well by revolutionising the way we look at 3D without needing those glasses in cinemas. What makes the 3DS better than the Wii U could be by the fact people go for the 3DS than the Wii U is because it could have had a better launch than a console. Some news sources say that the NX would be a console and a handheld hybrid. A console and a handheld hybrid would make people buy the system more because they can take the NX with them, then play the NX on the TV.

Now you may be wondering "What's so better about the NX than the Wii U?" I hear you ask. The NX has lots of graphics cards PC's would use and if Nintendo advertises that the NX has more graphics than the Xbox or the PlayStation, I would probably buy it and everyone else. The Wii U is a fail, sort of and the NX could be better.

- Allan

Nintendo has surely made a big change. I'm pretty sure they originally said that the NX wasn't going to challenge the XBone and PS4 on a power level (which could be a very bad move on their end). I'm kinda glad they're shooting for a more powerful system.

It can, but honestly, if they release the nx early, it will be one hell of a terrible console. 3rd party will never support it because it is releasing in such an awkward time, and the ps4 would have already dominated. Nintendo should wait till next gen(2018)

I believe its gonna be a lot better then the ps4 and Xbox one, Also, I think it will be shown at e3 but only a small portion of it.
Depending on how it works out, 3rd party publishers may go for it, But I also think it should be a 1st party console with backwards compatibility to the 3ds Wii u and virtual console for GameCube, Let's just wait and see what happens!

My logic is that a new console should be better than the previous interms of specs and power. Games are on another spectrum because the kind of gaming experience you get doesn't really depend on what console you play it on but more on how you as a player feel about the game. So if the NX were to be a successful console, it would first be released way later, like 2018 or so, have a strong core processor and amazing graphics, and overall just beat out the wii u without trying to challenge the current competition (PS4 and XBone). If Nintendo can do that then I can see the NX selling well.

To me, maybe. From my point of view, the NX might do something new for consoles. Nintendo most likely learned from their mistakes with the Wii U and will fix it for the NX.

If the Nintendo NX is going to be new, then it should be better than the previous console in terms of power and other things. I can't guarantee that it'll be better than the other consoles like PS4 and Xbox One though it might be better than the Wii U since the Wii U didn't do well in many terms. It depends on what Nintendo wants to focus on specifically.

It would if Valve let their games be on NX. Portal 2 port please.

Hopefully we will get a Pokémon Stadium/Colloseum/Battle Revolution!!

As long as they keep getting exclusive deals, actually market the console and make sure it's up to scratch with it's hardware (at least as powerful as PS4 with the same architecture), then it surely can't do worse than Wii U; there will be a lot of buzz surrounding the console if they play their cards right and announce a few big new titles - 3D Mario, Metroid, Spla2n would do nicely.

The NX will probably be better than the Wii U. It's a new consule, so it will probably get new features and new games. And if there will be new games, they will learn from their mistakes and make better games.

i think yes beacuase the wii u is failing sadly and the nx is going to feature cloud and you can play on the go just like the 3ds and the wii u does not support cloud and only a few select games are good on the wii u nintendo needs to do better loke the wii and 3ds

I think Wii U is good console! I like the games and graphics is nice! I think Nx will be a very good console! :)

It has to be, since it's next in line. Systems always one up the last one (not sure if that goes for the XBOX One). But I can see it doing better than the Wii U. The graphics for one should be much better (not saying the U has bad graphics).

I can't wait to see it though.

hopefully the nx will do better. im my opinion they just need to do 4 things.
1. add acheivments (acheivments will make more replayability)
2. make pikmin 4 for the nx
3. have virtual console games for all consoles before the wii u and 3ds
4. make a HUGE new game like smash bros. nx or mario galaxy 3
4.5. don't just let ANYONE put there crappy games on the nx like the wii u or 3ds

I do not think it will. Not only is it a rushed release, they are not even going to show it at E3. It will fail miserably and it will be the end of Nintendo. I guarantee it. Nintendo has never learned from their mistakes. Maybe at most, with marketing, it can get up to 20 million, though that would be far fetched.

Not many people play or like Nintendo these days, especially with their poor decisions.

hopefully the nx will do better. im my opinion they just need to do 4 things.
1. add acheivments (acheivments will make more replayability)
there are acheivements, but it doent relate to the profile
2. make pikmin 4 for the nx
3. have virtual console games for all consoles before the wii u and 3ds
its imposible because they cant put play and xbox games
4. make a HUGE new game like smash bros. nx or mario galaxy 3
4.5. don't just let ANYONE put there crappy games on the nx like the wii u or 3ds
eeeeh, if a third party make a crappy game, it isnt the fault of nintendo

The NX definitely needs to be powerful if Nintendo wants to bring in more 3rd party developers. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the new ps4 and xbox one updates. I'm hoping that Nintendo comes out with something truly spectacular that rekindles the success that we saw with the Wii. One thing that Nintendo needs to fix is their online features. It feels like they are more than 2 console generations behind Sony and Microsoft in this area. The Wii U doesn't even have real user specific profiles. For instance, if I want to play pokken tournament with a friend, I can't log into my personal account while my friend is also using his personal account on one console. I'm hoping nintendo will make major online changes with the release of the NX.

"Is something better than nothing?"

Yes.

I doubt it. Out of all seriousness, the Nx is not going to reach sales higher than the XB1 and Ps4. Third party developers still do not want to go to Nintendo, and they always market towards young kids and not adult or teens. After the Nx, I am sure Nintendo is done. Every home console failed, and the Wii was only successful because of casual Grandmas.

Back