Is the Wii U worth it if I only get MK8 and Splatoon?

• Thread starter Gecko
  • Start date
Gecko

Gecko

Son of Anarchy
Towns Folk
Hey, guys! I've been thinking of saving for a Wii U for a while now, but I'm not sure if I want one. The only reason I would get it would be for Splatoon and Mario Kart 8, which isn't worth the money I'd spend on it. Is it worth it to buy the console just for those two games, or should I wait? Are there any other games I should get of I buy a Wii U?

Well there's also Bayonetta 2 if that's your thing. It has DLC in which you can dress Bayonetta as Samus Aran which I think is cool. And there's Hyrule Warriors which you will love if you like Dynasty or Samurai Warriors, action, and/or hack-and-slash games. And you can't forget about Super Smash Bros. It looks even better and has more content. There even bought back Roy, Lucas, and Mewtwo and included Ryu. Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 both look like excellent games and I'm even jealous that they're not for 3DS or New 3DS. But it's still your decision.

And I forgot to mention, there's Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X that's coming out.

I think you should wait for the release of Mario Maker, it's gonna be a big hit, and I recommend it, if you like to make your own Mario levels filled with obstacles, enemies and items. You can share your creations with friends which is great.

Try out Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze if you prefer a challenge. It can get pretty hard at times, so you may ragequit like I did previously. xD

It's a amazing platformer, with many puzzles, bonuses and powerful bosses to topple. You can use your partners abilities to discover new areas. If you're a DK fan, this title is a must-have. :D

I actually do love me some Donkey Kong... :3 there's another game I'll get if I decide to buy one. You guys are winning me over. Mario Maker also looks amazing for when it comes out. I'll probably have to get that too so me and my friends can make inappropriate images on our Mario worlds :p

Reactions: Mikaya
You should get a Wii U :p There's many many awesome games for it and eventually more will be added, like Mario Maker, Zelda U and Pokken Tournament which are games that are not to be missed :D I'm also suggesting older games like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker since they are still awesome

YES. Buy one, its totally worth it. My most hyped game is xenoblade chronicles x, mario maker, and star fox zero. Expect 2016 to be awesome for the wii u. The wii u will be really big in 2016, slowly, more and more amazing games are being announced for the wii u, its going to be its biggest year.

Yes you should! There's actually a lot of games coming out for the Wii U but getting Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon seems like a good choice to get one. Overall I'd get one It's worth the money in my opinion. I recommend to get Mario Maker or Wonderful 101 but it's a great system

If you have a decent Internet, yes. You should also go the extra mile and get Smash! It's way worth it.

Anyone will tell you that there's plenty of good titles for Wii U. Monster Hunter 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Smash Bros. For Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors and Bayonette 2 (if you've played M-rated games before). But personally, if you're really dedicated to getting a Wii U just for two games, than no. In the end, you'll be dropping a lot of money (depends on where you're getting it from) just for two games you might stop playing for a while. Personally I'd go with New 3DS (the regular one that's coming out soon): An equal set of great titles, bundled with a game, themes, and amiibo cards, a cheaper alternative. That's just me, however.

Reactions: Mikaya
No, you shouldn't unless you get more than just those two games. Nintendo is probably going to release a new console with the next year or two and I'd be very surprised if Splatoon didn't get a sequel for it (as well as Mario Kart, but that's obviously going to happen.)

But if you're dying to play them, go for it. Would definitely recommend Super Mario Maker above all other games on the console if you enjoy playing Mario. You don't really need to make levels to enjoy it either. Maybe get Smash Bros. if you're interested in it, if you don't have any interest then definitely avoid it.

Nah, I think the nx will come in 2017. Star fox zero has also been delayed to 2016 for the wii u, so it may come in 2017 or 2018, its my opinion though, there is no confirmation for the release date of the new console so personally, I would no think about the new console, plus, go knows what the nx actually is. Anyways, typically, for any game console, 2 games is not enough. THere are so much games on the wii u right, now, you should look them up

Let's me see...

Sm4sh is always cool, you'll be occupied. It's a great game filled with a competitive atmosphere. There's a lot of games I recommend you getting, you won't be dissapointed with your purchase if you're into things like Zelda.

Xenoblade Chronincles X
will be released on December 4th and it looks really nice.

Starfox.

Zelda U.

THen there's the Shinigami Tensei X Fire Emblem which is going to be released next year.

To say the least, there are many awesome games that will be making appearances. It really just depends on your interests. Since I don't know what you're into, I can't really suggest a "one size fits all" kinda game. Just know that there's a lot that you may not have heard or may not be interested in. There's Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Zelda: WInd Waker HD, Kirby, Yoshi, Pikmin and Donkey Kong. Especially the array of Mario games that's out there.

Personally, I mainly picked up my Wii U for a couple of games, but I'm not disappointed, because I play those games so much that I feel like even if I did have other games, I wouldn't play them because of how much time I spend playing Sm4sh and Mario Kart 8. Like seriously, I haven't even gotten past my third levels of Hyrule Warriors because I'm constantly racing and smashing. It really just depend if you think that it's worth it.

Buy a wii u while you can. Smash, mk8, splatoon, star fox (to be released), wind waker hd, and other titles are worth it. Now if only my mom could let me get a wii u lmao all my family (dad/grandma/etc.) want me to have one.

There are other Wii U titles that you can get, not just Mario Kart and Splatoon. Both games are great, and are needed in your library, but I think you should also go for Smash Wii U and wait for Star Fox Zero. Super Mario Maker is a game I would recommend, if you are into level designing.

While both of these are excellent, you may want to look into a few other games before diving in. Some of my favorites besides the ones listed here include Super Mario Maker, Smash 4 WiiU, and the Wind Waker HD. However, if you really think you'll enjoy MK8 and Splatoon, go for it!

Back