Kid Tripp feels a lot like Mario

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I mean, just look at it :

It seems a lot like a Mario game, just dumb-downed graphics.

It's originally an iOS game and it's coming to the Nintendo 3DS eShop sometime in 2017.

The game is supposed to have 20 levels and four worlds. You can jump on enemies to defeat them, throw rocks (fire ball, anyone?) and run. The game costs 99 cents at the Apple App Store. Hopefully it's as cheap via eShop.

What are your thoughts?

It's a bit fireballzy to port a Mario rip-off game to a Nintendo console.

In all seriousness, it does look like a Mario rip-off clone, but with more of an infinite runner feel. Except then it's just a Mario Run rip-off, unless it was made before Mario run.

Not really interested in the rage-inducing-endless-runner-perfectionist genre anyway, to be honest. xD

Looks like Ash from Pokemon thrown into a Mario-styled environment to me. Just take a glance at that character's outfit. xD

Not sure if this title will be successful. There really should've been a unique concept attached to this game. That's what attracts more gamers/customers. I probably won't even bother purchasing it when it releases on the eShop. Why buy a game that's a rip-off from a well-known franchise? xP

I'll stick to Mario, thank you very much. :p

My thoughts? Dumb game.
That is all.

My thoughts? Dumb game.
That is all.
Pretty much how I would've put it. A mirror image can't sell very well if everyone else has already gotten Mario in their lives. (Which is easier now thanks to Mario Run.)

Reactions: Danominator and Kitsune_Sakura64
Eh, looks exactly like a Mario game rip off. xP

Probably won’t pick this up at all, even if it is 99 cents. I feel like if I ever did buy it, it would be to make fun of it while chanting, “Mario is better! Mario is better!” xD

Still though, on the bright side, it doesn’t nessecarily look like a bad game. Clearly inspired by Mario, but hey, maybe it’s worth it. :eyes:

Back