Kirby for Nintendo Switch looks amazing

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I have only played an old VC Kirby game that wasn't too great IMO and that rainbow drawing Kirby game on the Wii U didn't really catch my interest. I've mostly liked Kirby because of the Super Smash Bros. games and recently because of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe Role (yeah, I am so close to 100%-ing it).

But darn.. this Kirby game is looking awesome :

I'll definitely be picking it up :D A name for it hasn't been revealed yet.

What are your thoughts so far?

I never expected to see a kirby game coming to the switch already, I mean, kirby has been making appearances on the 3ds and I dunno why I had labelled it to that system. Now, knowing theere is a new kirby game on development for the nintendo switch is really cool!! I have watched the tráiler like 5 times already, I love the inteaction with the environment!! Looking forward to getting that game!!

I think the concept in this latest Kirby game looks quite neat! The way we can make enemies as Helpers in this game is much better than in Super Star (Ultra) in much more convenient way, plus I like how the Abilities can have some extra abilities when I have the Helpers in my party.

It seems great! It reminds me of Kirby 3 that I used to play with my brother when we were little... So much nostalgia! besides, it seems that we'll be able to combine powers just like in The Crystal Shards for Nintendo 64! Definitely looking forward to it!

This comes as a surprise, I thought we'd get a Kirby Switch game revealed much later down the line. I'm pretty hyped, though! Those special ability moves seem quite OP as well. Helpful when you get into a pinch (lots of enemies surrounding you, and there's no escape xD). This appears to be an actual proper legit Kirby title, not just some spin-off (We'd had our fair share of those).

Just watched the trailer that you linked in your OP and OMG I WANT THE GAME! I looks like the N64 game but with better graphics. I loved that game! I cannot wait until 2018!

I think that this game will look and play very similarly to Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra, except this time with amazing graphics AND amazing portability. I loved Return to Dreamland with friends, and this game looks like it will not be an exception to the recent rule of having a multiplayer home console Kirby.

It looked amazing :drool:

It seems to be taking pages from Return to Dream Land, 64: The Crystal Shards, Amazing Mirro and Super Star, with the allies, 4 player multiplayer (I think?), power fusion, world map and such. Those are some of my favorite Kirby games, so :v

I hope it delivers. The Kirby series was getting really stale with the 3DS >_> But this is pretty cool

I'm glad it's going on the Switch. It could use a few more titles. It looks like any other Kirby game with a few exceptions like the intract-able environment and a few more abilities and features. Some of the concepts have been done before like the ability to add a helper and combining abilities and even the wheel is just a bigger version of the wheel ability (which don't quote me on this but I think their scrapping it) but if I were to get a Switch this is one of the games I would want to start out with.

So it seems that Kirby Switch already have an official name, yes? It's now called as Kirby: Star Allies, according to the recent Nintendo Direct just now.

Me, bursting into the thread: THERE'S A NEW KIRBY GAME FOR THE SWITCH?

Me, seeing the thumbnail for the trailer: DID THEY BRING BACK HELPERS

Me, trying not to cry from excitement as I watch: OH MY GOD THEY TOTALLY DID...

Me, in utter shock: AND...I'M...ARE THOSE COMBO ABILITIES?

Me, after the trailer: ...F*ck it now I gotta get the switch. This is all I ever wanted Sakurai. This is it. Wellthatandanimalhelpersordarkmatteragainbutthatprobablywon'thappen-

Real talk though? Goddamn this looks amazing - like what they were planning for the Gamecube (possibly earlier?) years ago that got constantly remade and scrapped and was rumoured to become Kirby's Return to Dreamland, but this looks a lot more like it. It's been so, so long since we had the helper mechanic back and as much as I love Gooey as a co-op option, I doubt any dark matter trilogy characters or gimmicks are ever going to return.

Then again, they did bring back combo abilities from the looks of it, so we do have that returning...I can dream.

This definitely looks amazing - if we ever get a switch and if it ever does come out, you can bet I'm going to get it. Bless you for bringing this to my attention Marc. I'm genuinely super hyped - I've been Kirby trash since I was four. ; V ;

Reactions: Artisan and Marc
Back