Lag problems in Splatoon

• Thread starter Eric Cartman
  • Start date

Do you get lag?

• Yes! I get splated by krakens even though there is no kraken in sight.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman

BEWARE OF ADS
Towns Folk
Lag is not really a problem for me sometimes, but I do get disconnected a lot especially during splatfests.

For me, the connection screws up once in a while and says "the connection has been lost". Luckily, this does not occur much but that is my main problem. I do not experience that much lag though, once in a while I do but not all the time. Is your internet good or bad? It mainly depends on that, the more terrible you have with your internet connection, the more lag there will be.

Lag is somewhat rare for me whilst playing Splatoon, and I don't even have the best connection around. I suppose it just depends on who you're playing with and the circumstances of your current connection. I once experienced not lag, but total disconnection from a match, but it took at least 2 minutes for me to actually be able to get back to the lobby. It felt like some sort of purgatory, lol.

I rarely don't experience lag, but sometimes I get splatted by nothing and apparently it was by a player across the map. Literally there was no bomb in sight or an ink mine. It wasn't even a sniper who got me. Sometimes the game "lags" on me when you get an intro of the stage before revealing the teams. That usually happens when the game tries to keep the game going even though someone disconnected. I also experience lag when there are way too many bombs on screen, usually happens when 2 players use Bomb Rush at the same time.

Sometimes lag is terrible, sometimes it's not (mostly it's not).

My main issue is disconnecting. The game will be running smooth a moment, then BOOM "Connectection Error" or whatever it says, and I get disconnected. This hasn't been a issue lately, but some days it happens a lot.

Another is simple lag. Someone can be on me, and were dueling it out, and I kill him, but even though he's dead he still shoots his gun & I die. Or, while I'm hitting someone hard, they can randomly lag out of the situation. And sometimes the text "Connection Error" (or whatever it says) comes up & I just freeze, then when I connect again I'm splatted.

But, none of these issues are really frequent, only when a certain person playing has a bad internet connection or if the game is acting weird & keeps disconnecting me (even though my internet is working.) Not a big deal, though >3

Sometimes lag is terrible, sometimes it's not (mostly it's not).

My main issue is disconnecting. The game will be running smooth a moment, then BOOM "Connectection Error" or whatever it says, and I get disconnected. This hasn't been a issue lately, but some days it happens a lot.

Another is simple lag. Someone can be on me, and were dueling it out, and I kill him, but even though he's dead he still shoots his gun & I die. Or, while I'm hitting someone hard, they can randomly lag out of the situation. And sometimes the text "Connection Error" (or whatever it says) comes up & I just freeze, then when I connect again I'm splatted.

But, none of these issues are really frequent, only when a certain person playing has a bad internet connection or if the game is acting weird & keeps disconnecting me (even though my internet is working.) Not a big deal, though >3

i had similar problems when mario kart wii's wifi was up and running. i hated playing that game online at times only because i would be disconnected like 5 or 6 times a day. Sometimes more. What was worse was that my VR went down every time this happened. i had like a 25K VR and lost like 2K from that because of this, and what was so frustrating was how hard i worked to get there. and out of nowhere i'd be disconnected. Pretty annoying after a while.

i had similar problems when mario kart wii's wifi was up and running. i hated playing that game online at times only because i would be disconnected like 5 or 6 times a day. Sometimes more. What was worse was that my VR went down every time this happened. i had like a 25K VR and lost like 2K from that because of this, and what was so frustrating was how hard i worked to get there. and out of nowhere i'd be disconnected. Pretty annoying after a while.

Yeah. It's pretty troublesome.

I run into some laggy problems occasionally, and it really annoys me, because it's usually near the end of a match (one instance, there was 10 secs left, and my team were winning!) and the connection was lost. Others disappeared and reappeared randomly, I fired my gun crazily but didn't manage to splat the enemy. My connection is usally pretty good, so I think it may be others who are having the problem with their wi-fi. >.<

Yeah. It's pretty troublesome.
Trust me I know how annoying lag and getting disconnected can be. Do you think lag can also come from people using hacks? So!etimes I just have that feeling.

I run into some laggy problems occasionally, and it really annoys me, because it's usually near the end of a match (one instance, there was 10 secs left, and my team were winning!) >.<

I hate that so much! The whole match can have no lag issues, then the match is about to end & BOOM, disconnected.

Reactions: Mikaya
I have experienced this problem for a month until I have got better internet able to play this game without rage.quiting on how the lag kills me, the greatest enemy in all online games is lag!!

My Internet access up normally when I play the games platoon. What would happen is me me and someone else would kill each other and it would still let me move yet I'm dead and then it will kill me and tell me I lost which is really weird. Another weird thing that happened whenever I'm playing for four people would be moving and spreading in but it wouldn't show up on my screen and then all of a sudden it will just pop up. Also like the guy in the video said sometimes when I'm playing I'll die from no reason when nobodies near me and I get super annoying. I wish that the world could be free of lag. XD

I don't really very tend to have bad lag problems with Splatoon. One exception to this rule is if someone is connecting to the server who happens to have a really terrible wifi connection, and this can generate a huge amount of lag. Other than that and extreme weather, however, I don't have issues for the most part.

Back