Legend of Zelda 3DS or N64?

• Thread starter Ashton Brady
  • Start date
Ashton Brady

Ashton Brady

AshytheDoctor
Towns Folk
So, Nintendo has put Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (My favorite game!!!) into the 3DS system. And I love the 3D effect on it. But I also miss Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo 64! With the controller and the huge Tv to watch Link fight evil. What do you guys think is better? Legend of Zelda on the 3DS or on the Nintendo 64? In conclusion, I think it's better on the Nintendo 64. Ahhh... The memories...

The 64 version was more innovative for it's time but I prefer the 3DS version with an added second quest (was that in the GCN version, they literally have an OoT for every console and generation since its release) and Boss Battles mode to add onto the better graphics because imo I can't stand older N64 game graphics. I guess it's because I'm used to the higher definition of the 3DS, Wii, and GCN more.

The Legend of Zelda Orcania of Time is quite a popular game from nintendo and I like both of the ones nintendo have made but of course I prefer one of the other. Now I haven't noticed much differences except for the graphics jump and some differences in the story(sort of) but I would have to say I like the 3ds version over the N64 version. But don't get me wrong I like both of them.

I like the 3DS version because graphics.

Also, it controls better imo

I think that I really prefer the 3ds version of Ocarina of Time than the N64 version. One thing was that the 3ds version was almost in every single aspect better than the N64 version, like the graphics, character and bosses, and convenience. For example in the N64 version, you'd have to go to the menu and change your boots over and over in the Water Temple but not for the 3ds because of the added functionality >.>

I guess it must have been nostalgia that you like the N64 version :p

I have never played the 3DS version, only the N64 version because it was cheaper. I am so used to Wii/Wii U/3DS graphics that it is hard to stand N64 graphics. Honestly because of the improved graphics the 3DS version is better. The N64 graphics for me are just unbearable.

I would have to say the 3DS version if only because I was put off by the N64's unfortunately not well aged graphics. (This is just my opinion though, I was never exposed to OOT back then)

That being said though, both of them are very good. The 3DS version has allowed me to overcome my bias and allowed me to play the game knowing full well that despite it's aging, OOT64 is a really good game when you look past it. As for the 3DS version, it is also good because it recreates this experience for you to carry with you wherever you bring your 3DS.

So, Nintendo has put Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (My favorite game!!!) into the 3DS system. And I love the 3D effect on it. But I also miss Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo 64! With the controller and the huge Tv to watch Link fight evil. What do you guys think is better? Legend of Zelda on the 3DS or on the Nintendo 64? In conclusion, I think it's better on the Nintendo 64. Ahhh... The memories...

I believe that the Nintendo 3DS creates notable improvements to the games, however, I find the Nintendo 64 to be better since that was the system I grew up with alongside the NES.

I usually prefer the originals over the Remastered/ Remakes. In this case, I only played and beat the original version of the game, and it was okay. The controls and camera angle can sometimes glitch out, sometimes the texture is missing and you can see through walls. It's excusable for an early 3D game.

I prefer the 3DS version, as it made many improvements (both graphical and gameplay-related) to the game. However, I have many great memories of playing Ocarina of Time, so I also got the VC version of ti on the Wii, mostly just so I could play it on the big screen...

Well it depends on the gamer playing it. A person that plays the N64 Version would mostly play it to revive a classic and enjoy the good old days of Link. However if someone plays the 3DS version is maybe a fan that likes it being Remastered. But some like both because, well there great games. I personally enjoy it Remastered in 3D but both versions are fine and its still a great series for Zelda fans like me.

Back