Let's Complain about School!

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I'm avoiding doing homework right now and just wanna complain about school. I know all of ya'll wanna complain too, so here's a dedicated thread about it! Complain away!

Reactions: Mercedes-Benz
Colleg S U CC X3

Reactions: Duffy
College is a lot more work then high school and I'm not ready to adult :(

Reactions: Mercedes-Benz
College is a lot more work then high school and I'm not ready to adult :(
I dont think College is preperation for adult. It just a bad waste of time for some

I dont think College is preperation for adult. It just a bad waste of time for some
It might not be preparation for adult, but you are supposed to act like one...

It might not be preparation for adult, but you are supposed to act like one...
none of my fellow classmates even "act" like an adult

none of my fellow classmates even "act" like an adult
I did say supposed to act like them... It seems like a lot of adults don't even act like "adults"

U might dislike school like I did but what they teach u is no lie in the adult world when they say u will encounter what u learn they are correct despite what cosmogle says about it XD

Reactions: Arshan and Duffy
U might dislike school like I did but what they teach u is no lie in the adult world when they say u will encounter what u learn they are correct despite what cosmogle says about it XD
One time my brother encountered my history teachers dad at a pizza place. It was weird cuz I asked my brother how he recognized him, and my brother said the guy asked him if he knew a "Mr. G" at the local high school. So I guess someone encountered something is that what you are talking about?

I agree with @MysticFantasy on how useful some of the info. is. In fact, one of my worst pet peeves is when someone raises their hand in the middle of a lesson the teacher is giving and asks

"When are we going to use this after we graduate?"

Good glory, every time I hear someone say that, I want to slap them. When they say something like this, it sends a message to me that they've pretty much given up and will not rest until everyone else knows it. Plus, it just says that the person is so unimaginative he/she can't find a conceivable way it's used!

"Yeah, when are we ever going to use math in the real world?"

"HELLO? HELLO?! ANYBODY IN THERE?! THINK McFLY!"

You use math almost every single day! When you're telling the time, using your phone, measuring items, you're using math!!

Seriously, if I were a teacher, I'd probably knock on that person's head while yelling that quote (though substituting McFly with their own last name).

Another huge peeve I have is the kind of people I have to go to school with. Firstly, the school is so whitewashed it's not even funny. Therefore, people don't appreciate what they have and it sickens me. Back in LA, being Caucasian is considered part of the minority (the next time someone says no white person in America knows what it's like to be part of the minority, please give me a call so I can educate the guy). I hate how kids in my school talk so badly about things that are different than them because people assume I agree with them. They live in their perfect little worlds, and they have no idea what's really going on outside the state border, which would be okay if they didn't try to tear down anything else. I get that pride is a big theme that's highly supported and demanded in this state, but do these people know that too much is very destructive?

Plus, I absolutely hate being called a 'nerd', even from probably the nerdiest people you can imagine. There's nothing wrong with them being who they are, but do not call me a nerd. I grew up with people using that word like it's an insulting slang term, therefore if you call me a nerd I will take it as an insulting slang. In the state I live in everyone is accepting and there's a group for everyone, which would be okay if people stopped trying to give me an identity!!

My classes are okay. I am taking AP classes in the high school curriculum. To those who don't know, AP classes are college level classes that give college credit and high school credit, and you can apply starting your junior year. If you do all 2 years of college classes you can during high school, you can graduate with an Associate's Degree, already making considerably more money than your Gen-Ed classmates. Surprisingly enough, they're actually pretty good! Firstly, only juniors and seniors are allowed to take college courses during high school, so you're spending time with people who are considerably more mature and a lot better to hang out with than the annoying freshmen and sophomore people.

Speaking of those people, the school students also have a problem of trying to "assign" you the classes you're supposed to take each year, with the notorious being the science classes. See, these people believe you're supposed to take Earth Science your Freshman year, Biology your Sophomore, Chemistry your Junior, and Physics your Senior. I did Earth Science for Freshman, Chemistry for Sophomore, and now I'm going through Biology as a Junior. There's nothing wrong with Biology itself, it's just that I'm the only Junior in a class full of Sophomores. It feels like I got catapulted back in time with my Junior mentality. Good glory, the sophomores couldn't have been that perverted last year, were they? It's weird, I thought my sophomore year was okay, but now that I'm going back to it as a junior, these kids are dirty. Doesn't matter if they are a boy or girl, I have seen many cases where both sides were uncomfortably dirty.

The staff is alright and the lunch served in the cafeteria is surprisingly pretty good. I like going to classes and learning new and intriguing things, but not because I'm a nerd, but because I want to know more about the world around me so I can be able to thrive in the best way possible, but it's hard in this variety. I think maybe deep down they're scared of me because I am part of the different they hate.

I just...I dunno.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja and Duffy
One time my brother encountered my history teachers dad at a pizza place. It was weird cuz I asked my brother how he recognized him, and my brother said the guy asked him if he knew a "Mr. G" at the local high school. So I guess someone encountered something is that what you are talking about?
Although I’ve encountered my old teachers when I was no longer in school that’s not what I meant I meant most of what u learn in school you will encounter in real life take it from me I’m a adult I may not be the most mature adult but I do know what I’m talking about

Although I’ve encountered my old teachers when I was no longer in school that’s not what I meant I meant most of what u learn in school you will encounter in real life take it from me I’m a adult I may not be the most mature adult but I do know what I’m talking about
I see your point. People act badly in school and you encounter that in real life too :p

I agree with @MysticFantasy on how useful some of the info. is. In fact, one of my worst pet peeves is when someone raises their hand in the middle of a lesson the teacher is giving and asks

"When are we going to use this after we graduate?"

Good glory, every time I hear someone say that, I want to slap them. When they say something like this, it sends a message to me that they've pretty much given up and will not rest until everyone else knows it. Plus, it just says that the person is so unimaginative he/she can't find a conceivable way it's used!

"Yeah, when are we ever going to use math in the real world?"

"HELLO? HELLO?! ANYBODY IN THERE?! THINK McFLY!"

You use math almost every single day! When you're telling the time, using your phone, measuring items, you're using math!!

Seriously, if I were a teacher, I'd probably knock on that person's head while yelling that quote (though substituting McFly with their own last name).

Another huge peeve I have is the kind of people I have to go to school with. Firstly, the school is so whitewashed it's not even funny. Therefore, people don't appreciate what they have and it sickens me. Back in LA, being Caucasian is considered part of the minority (the next time someone says no white person in America knows what it's like to be part of the minority, please give me a call so I can educate the guy). I hate how kids in my school talk so badly about things that are different than them because people assume I agree with them. They live in their perfect little worlds, and they have no idea what's really going on outside the state border, which would be okay if they didn't try to tear down anything else. I get that pride is a big theme that's highly supported and demanded in this state, but do these people know that too much is very destructive?

Plus, I absolutely hate being called a 'nerd', even from probably the nerdiest people you can imagine. There's nothing wrong with them being who they are, but do not call me a nerd. I grew up with people using that word like it's an insulting slang term, therefore if you call me a nerd I will take it as an insulting slang. In the state I live in everyone is accepting and there's a group for everyone, which would be okay if people stopped trying to give me an identity!!

My classes are okay. I am taking AP classes in the high school curriculum. To those who don't know, AP classes are college level classes that give college credit and high school credit, and you can apply starting your junior year. If you do all 2 years of college classes you can during high school, you can graduate with an Associate's Degree, already making considerably more money than your Gen-Ed classmates. Surprisingly enough, they're actually pretty good! Firstly, only juniors and seniors are allowed to take college courses during high school, so you're spending time with people who are considerably more mature and a lot better to hang out with than the annoying freshmen and sophomore people.

Speaking of those people, the school students also have a problem of trying to "assign" you the classes you're supposed to take each year, with the notorious being the science classes. See, these people believe you're supposed to take Earth Science your Freshman year, Biology your Sophomore, Chemistry your Junior, and Physics your Senior. I did Earth Science for Freshman, Chemistry for Sophomore, and now I'm going through Biology as a Junior. There's nothing wrong with Biology itself, it's just that I'm the only Junior in a class full of Sophomores. It feels like I got catapulted back in time with my Junior mentality. Good glory, the sophomores couldn't have been that perverted last year, were they? It's weird, I thought my sophomore year was okay, but now that I'm going back to it as a junior, these kids are dirty. Doesn't matter if they are a boy or girl, I have seen many cases where both sides were uncomfortably dirty.

The staff is alright and the lunch served in the cafeteria is surprisingly pretty good. I like going to classes and learning new and intriguing things, but not because I'm a nerd, but because I want to know more about the world around me so I can be able to thrive in the best way possible, but it's hard in this variety. I think maybe deep down they're scared of me because I am part of the different they hate.

I just...I dunno.

I'm saying about personal experience, i hate college. The students in my particular school are immature, or so dumb they can't see a joke fly over their head. I'm not dissing school in general. Education IS important. But, once you're out of high school, it should be your own decision to decide what you want to learn. I just never had that luxury of choosing what i wanted to learn due to my parents always dictating my education.

1-Firstly, the school is so whitewashed it's not even funny.

2-My classes are okay. I am taking AP classes in the high school curriculum. To those who don't know, AP classes are college level classes that give college credit and high school credit, and you can apply starting your junior year. If you do all 2 years of college classes you can during high school, you can graduate with an Associate's Degree, already making considerably more money than your Gen-Ed classmates. Surprisingly enough, they're actually pretty good! Firstly, only juniors and seniors are allowed to take college courses during high school, so you're spending time with people who are considerably more mature and a lot better to hang out with than the annoying freshmen and sophomore people.

3-I think maybe deep down they're scared of me because I am part of the different they hate.

I just...I dunno.
1-Welcome to institutionalized racism in America. There's almost no diversity in schools and where there is... It usually isn't good.

2-AP classes are the way to go (in my opinion). My junior year I loaded up on APs and now that I'm in college I'm so happy I did that. It's my first year but my college treats me as a sophomore because of all the credit I transferred from high school. I highly recommend taking APs if you can. But that's just my experience. I'm not sure all high schools have these classes.

3-One thing I learned in high school is that people hate people who are different them then. They refuse to accept people that may challenge any of their own beliefs, especially when those beliefs are entitled to them and make them feel superior. It's a big pet peeve I have with many people.

Ha, thanks guys, y'all are the main reason why I stay on this site. :)

Is ap those classes made for ppl going to college? I’m not great with abbreviations but if they are I took them they were called college prep classes at my school

Is ap those classes made for ppl going to college? I’m not great with abbreviations but if they are I took them they were called college prep classes at my school
AP stands for Advanced Placement but they are mostly just accepted as college credit by most schools.

Oh my lord, god bless this thread... I have been unable to vent to my "parents" about multiple things in school, primarily algebra. Guess who landed themselves a detention today?! This guy!! Guess why! I was drawing. In my notebook. During our study time. Our free time. And I get a detention for that. I hate my math class and I hate the teacher. The excruciatingly painful amounts of homework he puts on us us near unacceptable, he is an absolute harass about anything under the sun, and he singles me out in the majority of class situations. Was I the one who was being obnoxious or disrespectful towards him during free time?? Nah, I was just drawing. Quietly drawing. And this unlucky kiddo gets a detention. Detention has also been proven as to not being an effect deterrent towards bad behavior. But he still chooses them as his primary form of punishment. He has emailed my parents multiple times with the same BS I've heard throughout life- "Len is a smart kid but he doesn't work hard enough. He needs to work harder and he could have an A in this class. I saw his high school exam scores. Len is in the top 90th percentile but has no motivation." And I will admit, I do lack motivation, and (no I am not intending to brag so please bear with me here, I know this may seem egoistic but I promise it is based on numbers, not my self-confidence) I am within the top 90th percentile N A T I O N A L L Y. But I'm too smart for my own good. The thing teachers and parents fail to realize is that intelligence has no correlation whatsoever with motivation or enjoyment of school. I speak 3 languages fluently, I learned that all on my own time. But because of my "intelligence," people expect that I am able to handle more work with no problem. I have lost all motivation and really hit a low recently. I give zero, zero, zero damns about anything school or otherwise. Lost interest in anything I used to enjoy. My eating habits went downhill, my sleep quality went down, and all of these are symptoms of depression. Am I depressed? I don't know. I am not suicidal, but if I had a choice between life and not existing or not living, I would pick not living. I want to die, but not by my own blade, y'know? Honestly life is just a big, long, hard, tiring adventure, and I wish it would end. Or I wish I could find happiness and motivation especially. I personally love Latin class; it's just Algebra that is honestly draining so much more than I thought a single class ever could. Sucked all my motivation and happiness out of me. I lost any craps I gave about how I turn out, what people think of me, how much I weigh, how buff I am, how much sleep I get, how much I spend on homework... I just don't care about anything anymore. Yes, I am seeking help soon, and hopefully the effects will be positive. Hopes and prayers to all of you at your lows, at difficult times... I'm with you and am sending nothing but good vibes! :)

Back