List of supported countries for Nintendo Switch online multiplayer

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Something caught my attention today when I was looking through the update log for the Nintendo Switch's latest firmware update. It said online play has been added to several countries.
Nintendo said:
Nintendo Switch Online
Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. This is currently available for free until the paid online service launches in 2018.
Source: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...endo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history

Now I would assume not every country supports online multiplayer on the Nintendo Switch.

Does anyone have a list of countries it supports and does choosing a country factor in to if you can use online play or not on the console? Or is it based on the IP address of your country? :panda:

*nervous laugh* they're...probably... just adding them... little by little, no? I'm... pretty sure there is... nothing to worry about! *sweat drop and nervous look* They didn't forget us, they will do it for... every Nintendo fan, alright? *worried look*

*nervous laugh* they're...probably... just adding them... little by little, no? I'm... pretty sure there is... nothing to worry about! *sweat drop and nervous look* They didn't forget us, they will do it for... every Nintendo fan, alright? *worried look*
No games are available in my country's 3DS eShop to this day :panda:

Wait, what region do you live in, @Marc?

Oh. That's cool :) :pompus: I always just assumed you live in america.

Reactions: Alegria
> Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. This is currently available for free until the paid online service launches in 2018.

> Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru.

> Added online play in Argentina

> in Argentina

Nintendo finally remembered we exist *tears of joy*

Reactions: 28142 and TribstyAnn
> Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru. This is currently available for free until the paid online service launches in 2018.

> Added online play in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Peru.

> Added online play in Argentina

> in Argentina

Nintendo finally remembered we exist *tears of joy*
Marc must feel "♪Don't cry for me Argentina♪"

Reactions: J9794
Back