Looking for a really good zombie movie

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm looking for some good zombie-killing movies to watch. Prefer if it's on Netflix but if it isn't, that's not much of a biggie. If there is a terrible one, you can still let me know about it so I can avoid it.

I've seen :
  • Resident Evil (all of them, even the animated ones).
  • The Walking Dead (TV series).
  • The Evil Dead (if that counts).
  • Zombieland - I didn't like it.
  • World War Z - I might have seen it before but I'm halfway through it on Netflix.
  • Warm Bodies - I don't really want something like this :/
  • Quarantine 2: Terminal - Really enjoyed this one (also, already seen the first one).
  • I Am Legend - Saw this ages ago.
  • Dead Rising - Wasn't really "all that".
  • Extinction - One of the latest I've seen.
There might be more but these are all that I could remember for now.

• Land of the Dead - a more 'standard' zombie movie. With zombies who are slowly getting more intelligent. I enjoyed it at the time, it's gruesome and interesting whatnot.
  • Dawn of the Dead - also a 'standard' zombie movie, but with zombies that can run. Pretty similar to The Walking Dead.
  • Planet Terror - It's styled like a grindhouse films so you might find it a little gross and annoying, but I enjoyed it, it was hilarious.
  • Cemetery Man (aka Dellamorte Dellamore) - About a cemetery nightwatchman who pines for love while killing zombies who come back to life in his cemetery. I really loved it. It gets really weird and in the end you might feel like the zombies are secondary but trust me, it's worth watching. The actresses are gorgeous.
  • [REC] and [REC] 2 - I wish you hadn't watched Quarantine because it's a remake of [REC], which is a far better film. I guess you can watch this if you want, although having watched Quarantine before... :/
  • Detention of the Dead - So bad it's good. It's terrible, but it had a lot of low-brow humour for when you're bored, and I watched it mainly for the cheerleader.
I haven't seen it yet but I want to watch Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead, it looks like Mad Max with zombies - although what would I know, I haven't seen Mad Max.

Reactions: Marc
Hmm... Shawn of the dead was an amusing British zombie parody. Shawn screws up a chance to date a girl he likes and the world goes south the next day.
Dance of the dead was one of the many eight films to die for from lion's gate/ghost house. This was was good because it was also a comedy set in prom night.
I was about to say Frankenstein's army but that's not good. (And I doubt Fankenstein's monsters would qualify as zombies.)
28 days later was an interesting movie. The zombies in this one are a bit more vicious than regular ones. (The second movie wasn't terrible, but it felt "meh")

How about the original modern zombie movie, an oldie but goody: Night of the Living Dead (the 1968 version ). A real classic that paved the way to modern zombie movies and TV shows. Here's a link to it's Wikipedia page> Night of the Living Dead there are links to other related zombie movies as well on the page.

I thought ZombieLand was pretty good WarmBodies I really ain't into romance but besides that it was ok

If you're looking for Netflix Horror movies of any kind; I consider myself a aficionado. For zombie movies here are some lesser known ones that are great:

Pontypool:

The Cabin in the Woods: is pretty much a zombie movie.. kinda a hybrid:

actaully... here http://zombieresearchsociety.com/a-e-zombie-netflix-listing

alot of the things i was gonna list are on here.

If you really don't want to see a super scary movie you should see the movie "The Forest" it's about this one lady who goes to research a forest that's strange everytime someone goes inside that forest they never return and it's true because the lady went down a hole while being chased hubby her companion who tried to forcibly kiss her even though she didn't want to and while she was down there she met some zombie girl who likes to steal people's souls and the main lady of the movie got hers stolen because after getting rescued by her companion they quickly started hearing voices and they got scared and ran out of the forest the strange thing is that when the lady left to go get some therapy her other half stayed in the forest which was weird if you're really into this movie you should watch it I thought this movie was great and confusing at the same time.

Land of the Dead - a more 'standard' zombie movie. With zombies who are slowly getting more intelligent. I enjoyed it at the time, it's gruesome and interesting whatnot.
Already seen this one.
Dawn of the Dead - also a 'standard' zombie movie, but with zombies that can run. Pretty similar to The Walking Dead.
I watched this one recently and I liked it. I really like how the zombies could run. That made things much more complicated :D
Planet Terror - It's styled like a grindhouse films so you might find it a little gross and annoying, but I enjoyed it, it was hilarious.
I think I'ma skip this one :panda: Not a fan of the machine gun leg >.<
Cemetery Man (aka Dellamorte Dellamore) - About a cemetery nightwatchman who pines for love while killing zombies who come back to life in his cemetery. I really loved it. It gets really weird and in the end you might feel like the zombies are secondary but trust me, it's worth watching. The actresses are gorgeous.
Currently debating about this one too. There's a good chance I'll watch it, but I'm giving the standard zombie movies priority ;u;
[REC] and [REC] 2 - I wish you hadn't watched Quarantine because it's a remake of [REC], which is a far better film. I guess you can watch this if you want, although having watched Quarantine before... :/
Will watch this eventually when I forget more about the Quarantine movies :monkey:
Detention of the Dead - So bad it's good. It's terrible, but it had a lot of low-brow humour for when you're bored, and I watched it mainly for the cheerleader.
Next on my to-watch list (most likely) \o/
I haven't seen it yet but I want to watch Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead, it looks like Mad Max with zombies - although what would I know, I haven't seen Mad Max.
Just watched this some minutes ago. I liked it and I say go all in when you get the chance :D

Hmm... Shawn of the dead was an amusing British zombie parody. Shawn screws up a chance to date a girl he likes and the world goes south the next day.
Dance of the dead was one of the many eight films to die for from lion's gate/ghost house. This was was good because it was also a comedy set in prom night.
I was about to say Frankenstein's army but that's not good. (And I doubt Fankenstein's monsters would qualify as zombies.)
28 days later was an interesting movie. The zombies in this one are a bit more vicious than regular ones. (The second movie wasn't terrible, but it felt "meh")
Seen Shawn of the dead already. Most likely skipping Dance of the Dead. Not really feeling for a comedy zombie movie :/ Will give 28 days later a shot at some point in time.
How about the original modern zombie movie, an oldie but goody: Night of the Living Dead (the 1968 version ). A real classic that paved the way to modern zombie movies and TV shows. Here's a link to it's Wikipedia page> Night of the Living Dead there are links to other related zombie movies as well on the page.
Does it have a version with color? I saw the full movie on YouTube and it's black & white ;~;
I thought ZombieLand was pretty good WarmBodies I really ain't into romance but besides that it was ok
I think I disliked Warm Bodies. Not certain but I think Land of the Dead was connected to it in some way. As for Zombie Land, I've already seen it. Wasn't really a fan of that one either tbh :/

@Auron Cabin in the Woods was great. Seen it a long time ago but I don't think I mentioned it in this list.
If you really don't want to see a super scary movie you should see the movie "The Forest" it's about this one lady who goes to research a forest that's strange everytime someone goes inside that forest they never return and it's true because the lady went down a hole while being chased hubby her companion who tried to forcibly kiss her even though she didn't want to and while she was down there she met some zombie girl who likes to steal people's souls and the main lady of the movie got hers stolen because after getting rescued by her companion they quickly started hearing voices and they got scared and ran out of the forest the strange thing is that when the lady left to go get some therapy her other half stayed in the forest which was weird if you're really into this movie you should watch it I thought this movie was great and confusing at the same time.
I saw it up on Netflix once or twice. Probably not going to watch it because it doesn't seem like something I'm aiming for.

Whatever you do, never watch Alien Dead 1980: Almost everyone in this movie is obtuse. Despite the fact that the zombies are clearly people, albeit with some deformities, the movie is littered with people saying things like "What are they?" and "There's monsters in the swamp!" The story is that something has been getting rid of the gators in the swamp, and also apparently the Native Americans. I wasn't really clear on this part. It turns out that the something is a bunch of zombies, who got that way by being hit by a meteor. Or maybe it was a plane full of chemical weapons. Again, not clear. Anyway, after the zombies have eaten all the gators, they start coming out of the swamp to eat people, most of whom seem not to be able to do anything more than scream and fall down.

Detention of the Dead was 'ight ;u;

Detention of the Dead was 'ight ;u;
The cheerleader was hot tho right

Dead Before Dawn was kinda meh-ish. Alright movie to kill time (I know no one recommended this but I just came across it).

I couldn't really sit through Zombies. If anyone thinks it's worth checking out, I might give it another shot in the future.

Back