Splatoon 2 Maps rotate faster in Splatoon 2

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So it seems like Splatoon 2 will have a faster map rotation than Splatoon.
Hisashi Nogami said:
We feel that part of the gameplay is actually selecting which weapons would be best for that combination of two maps. In Splatoon 2, the maps rotate every two hours, so it’ll be a much faster cycle than the previous game.
I'm not too happy that they're keeping things the same way. Sure, the rotation is faster than Splatoon, however, I would have preferred the ability for players to choose from every map even if limited per match.

How do you guys feel about this?

Reactions: Gamer4647 and Mikaya
In CoD, every player always votes for Nuketown or Hijacked and I usually don't want to play them, so I think I prefer random maps instead of choosing, it's fair to all the players.

Reactions: Mikaya
I'm so glad to hear this!!! No more waiting a whole 4 hours for a terrible rotation to end. This also means that my favourite rotations will be short-lived but it will be likely that they'll occur more often, with this system change. More map/mode combos means more variety within the game. I think many players will have many more chances to match up their playstyles/weapons according to the rotation, which is a plus.

I personally think it should just cycle through all the maps, rather than two maps every two hours/voting for one. It allows more diversity. Although then you wouldn't be able to switch weapons in between games. Edit: they could show the map then have a 15sec time limit to change gear

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethendor
This makes me feel happy since I didn't like to wait 4 hours for a rank battle mode to change and not many people play the full during the full 4 hour rotation though I hope they put 3 stages in the mix (like splatfest) instead of 2 because just playing 2 stages in those 4 hours can be repetitive and can be boring after a long time.

Reactions: Mikaya
Back