Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
OK. The question I'm about to ask is quite simple. Is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions a good game to buy? I'm trying to decide to either buy this or Monster Hunter Stories. What do you guys think? I think I might go for Monster Hunter Stories, but I also want this so bad!! To be honest, this game looks pretty dang awesome! In case you didn't know, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is all about getting back Peach's stolen voice from Cackletta. In Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, it's pretty much the exact same thing. But there are some new things as well, like amiibo functionality, a new mode called Bowser's Minions, and more. If you don't know what Bowser's Minions mode is, allow me to inform you! Bowser's Minions is all about another story unfolding behind the scenes. While Mario and Luigi are off on a grand adventure, so are Bowser's minions! Their goal is to save "Master Bowser" from Cackletta, so they can be praised to no end by their master when they save him. To be honest, there's nothing too much changed in the new version from the old one. As well, the new version of the game costs a whopping 39.99! But, this game could be a good investment for me, as I have never played the old Game Boy version of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. so this might be a fun game to buy for me, especially with the new graphics and mechanics added to the game. So, what do you guys think? Should I buy this pretty cool remake, or should I just go for Monster Hunter Stories?

Considering you haven't played the original GBA version, I'd definitely recommend it. The humour is fantastic, the gameplay is surprisingly fun, the game is very charming, and the story is actually fun. It's probably one of the best RPGs I've played. It also lets you play the next games in the series without losing much context, and many of them are actually quite good.

Monster Hunter Stories on the other hand is good, but not an instant classic like Superstar Saga was. I honestly don't think this is that difficult choice, but I'm heavily biased since I have such good memories of Superstar Saga

Go for it! It'd be a good idea to experiment and see what sticks.

I enjoyed both games pretty well. Monster Hunter Stories is fun enough but it's also kind of Pokemon'ish as opposed to classic MonHun. They are also pretty different gameplay experiences so I guess it would have to be more classic RPG or something Quest Based like MonHun Stories is.

Both are cute in their own way. If I had to pick between the two, it'd probably be based on price tag honestly.

Back