Breath of the Wild Max Hearts or Max Stamina?

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
So I've been thinking this for a while, did you/would you get maximum hearts or maximum stamina?
I would get maximum stamina because when you eat five cooked hearty durians it already gives you half of your full life guaranteed.Plus, you don't need a ton of hearts by the time you get most of them because you'll be endgame and over powered.

Hmmm very tricky,I would just go for both (Since it's the best way to do it) but if I went with only one....id most likely go with Stamina that's the one thing you need as for having a low amount of hearts lets just say your going to be dying a lot or you better get to dodging them attacks or you'll be dead in one hit.

I started with getting max hearts but than I tried getting a stamina vessel and they do help you climb long and fly longer etc so honestly if I were you I would get half and half and see if you die more or need to run more than choose based on that

Sta-mi-na

I think max stamina is better as it makes tasks like climbing significantly faster, and you can glide for long enough to get to your destination. Also max hearts kinda makes the bosses and enemies in the game a lot easier, and some in my opinion are already pretty easy so having less hearts means more challenge.

I decided to get 13 hearts and then aim for max stamina. Thanks guys :)

I decided to get 13 hearts and then aim for max stamina. Thanks guys :)
:D

I prioritised maxing out hearts first and foremost, putting the rest in stamina. I'm not the best player, and I enjoy playing defensive playstyles, so health was more beneficial to me. Food was enough to compensate for the lack of stamina the rare times a lot of stamina was needed.

Honestly, you kinda have to prioritize high Stamina, considering you need it to access at least 80% of the game. Heart Containers aren’t realky nessecary, if you’re a really good player. That’s why, on my first play through, when I finally reached Max Stamina, I only had like 13 Hearts or something, lol

Reactions: Duster
I started a second playthrough recently, and I honestly haven't really needed extra stamina. Some of the towers were tough to climb, but I didn't have to go out of my way to unlock any of them, as I had stamina refill and extra stamina food on hand and Revali's Gale in some situations. For running I had the whistle run technique, and for high mountains they usually had places I could take a break and whistle run to get stamina back.

I would probably change my answer to prioritize 13 hearts first, then go for stamina, as it'll be better in the long run when using the charged up attacks, considering the extra hearts are unnecessary if you just make hearty dishes w/durians.

Back