Metroid Federation Force/BlastBall: FINALLY A METORID GAME!

• Thread starter maxthe2pokemonshowdown
  • Start date
maxthe2pokemonshowdown

maxthe2pokemonshowdown

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
As of now we witnessed a new METROID GAME!! It wasn't Samus that leaded the game, but it's still 10/10.
The awesome thing about the game is that it HAS ONLINE PLAY!! we've been waiting to shoot some aliens with friends and strangers.
And BlastBall is AMAZING. BlastBall is Soccer with a twist.
Guess it.
And it also has online!
Shoot that ball with your friends and strangers! Thats what i have to say!
Bye!
Stay classy! :p

I highly... Disagree. (Note I'm not judging your personal opinion. In my own opinion, I do not like this federation game.)

Im not too excited,considering its a spin off
Ill be as soon there is a good maingame,I dont care if its 2d or 3d as long as its a good game

It doesn't look so bad, actually. It's nothing zomgawesome but it definitely looks fun =P

It only receives hate by salty "fans" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't look so bad, actually. It's nothing zomgawesome but it definitely looks fun =P

It only receives hate by salty "fans" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
well,i think the "salty reactions" are justified, since the last game were released 6 years ago and metroid was always a "serious game" with a "serius atmosphere" and now , nintendo gives them a game ported from DSI with cartoon graphics

it would be more accepted if there was a recent "main" metroid game for the 3ds or wiiu (a metroid prime could count too)

tokio mirage sessions, is more accepted, because, altrougth it is a spin off,with idols and different gameplay we have two (or four, if you count fates like three games) in 3ds

and i dont think that a game ported of dsi, like MFF is, should be a phisical game that cost more than 35 euros

Reactions: 4362
^Thing is, it isn't justified.

A fan can complain over a move all he wants, and criticize games. A "fan" can't, in fact, tell a multinational company to do what they want, when they want. And that cancellation petition is exactly that.

If what the Metroid "fans" wanted was another 2D sidescroller or another FPS, then Metroid 1, 2, Super, Fusion and Trilogy are on the eShop. Really, there's no excuse for them wanting the cancellation of an inoffensive spin-off they could have supported instead, like, y'know, real fans would have.

^Thing is, it isn't justified.

A fan can complain over a move all he wants, and criticize games. A "fan" can't, in fact, tell a multinational company to do what they want, when they want. And that cancellation petition is exactly that.

If what the Metroid "fans" wanted was another 2D sidescroller or another FPS, then Metroid 1, 2, Super, Fusion and Trilogy are on the eShop. Really, there's no excuse for them wanting the cancellation of an inoffensive spin-off they could have supported instead, like, y'know, real fans would have.
I think that the fans are kind of blowing this out of proportion, Federation Force looks pretty good - that being said, Nintendo should have shown Samus in the E3 trailer to prevent some backlash and maybe tease a console Metroid along the line (if they have any plans to do so, which I think they do).

However, I think "real fans" should probably just not buy the game, the cancellation thing was stupid but they can just ignore the game to show Nintendo that it isn't what they, personally, want and well, then Nintendo has to listen to the fans.

Reactions: Blue Knight
Federation Force isn't terrible at all (imo). It takes on a different POV (The Federation Force, obviously) and is canon to the series, despite being a 'spin-off' and takes place after Metroid Prime 3 if I'm not mistaken. I don't see this game making too many sales, unfortunately (unless all the chastisers decide to buy the game, lel).

Reactions: maxthe2pokemonshowdown
Stop hating on it. I believe it's a spin off to keep us quenched until the NX happens.

Look, it's a good game, but not a traditional metroid game. The original metroid prime games feature a lot of puzzle solving whereas this one is just combat. Nothing wrong with that i suppose.

Multiplayer is a last (no pun intended) but the problem is that many people have nobody to play with and the levels are mainly designed for multiplayer are rdiculously long on your own. (e.g. Theres a certain level where each player has to shoot a ball down this long passageway to the goal. On your own, you have to do all four balls again and again.)

The graphics look ok.

Look, it's a good game, but not a traditional metroid game. The original metroid prime games feature a lot of puzzle solving whereas this one is just combat. Nothing wrong with that i suppose.

Multiplayer is a last (no pun intended) but the problem is that many people have nobody to play with and the levels are mainly designed for multiplayer are rdiculously long on your own. (e.g. Theres a certain level where each player has to shoot a ball down this long passageway to the goal. On your own, you have to do all four balls again and again.)

The graphics look ok.
Those same observations can be used to describe Triforce heroes. An untraditional Zelda game from not too long ago. (Probably came out at a similar time this crap fest came to be.)

I have more biased reasons not to play this game. (Don't like multiplayer required games, not as great as Prime: Hunters, Other M was terrible, ect.)

Triforce Heroes was harder, since you had to control 3 characters at the same time.
Difference is, we had actually had multiple zelda games in the past 7 years...

I think that this game makes somewhat of a Griffball-type mockery of the original and Prime Mertoid games, but to each his own. At least at E3 this year Nintendo gave us Metros Prime 4.gif and revealed that they were remaking one of the original Metroid games for the 3DS...

Back