Micro SD Card Management...

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I want to use this on my 3DS but am not sure how to do this, every time I try it it stops or tell me my connections weak,I ask this here before but I seriously need help! I'm running outta space and I could save more to my tablet using this (if that's what this does) how do I do this? It says find the name of my 3DS on my tablet when it prompts.Where do I find it?

Apparently you need a computer not a tablet and a New Nintendo 3DS to start. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ0MDU1OTA3OC9zaWQvcUd4V01SdW0= The link I provided to your question before ^ is more for transferring data between an older 3DS system and a new New 3DS system. This method is not a way to extend your storage capacity of an SD card. I believe it's more for transferring pictures and video to your computer for storage rather than games and game save data for extended storage.

I read through the contents or the link carefully and found this >
  1. "You will be able to copy, delete, or move items to the listed folders. If you would like to backup your data, copy the entire contents of the microSDHC Card to your PC. If you would like to copy specific photos or videos, then they can be found in the folder titled "DCIM.""
The Micro SD card management is really for back up of games, save data, pictures and videos. Also, a fairly robust WiFi connection wouldn't hurt either in assisting with the transfer.

If you're running out of space purchase a larger SD card, they're fairly inexpensive now (unless you're using a Micro SD card those can be pricey).

If you can't find what you're looking for on the Nintendo site call Nintendo, the 800 number, for North America it's 1-800-255-3700. If you're not in North America look around on the Nintendo site of you corresponding region or look on the back of a Nintendo system for a number to call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakea
Apparently you need a computer not a tablet and a New Nintendo 3DS to start. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14218/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ0MDU1OTA3OC9zaWQvcUd4V01SdW0= The link I provided to your question before ^ is more for transferring data between an older 3DS system and a new New 3DS system. This method is not a way to extend your storage capacity of an SD card. I believe it's more for transferring pictures and video to your computer for storage rather than games and game save data for extended storage.

I read through the contents or the link carefully and found this >
  1. "You will be able to copy, delete, or move items to the listed folders. If you would like to backup your data, copy the entire contents of the microSDHC Card to your PC. If you would like to copy specific photos or videos, then they can be found in the folder titled "DCIM.""
The Micro SD card management is really for back up of games, save data, pictures and videos. Also, a fairly robust WiFi connection wouldn't hurt either in assisting with the transfer.

If you're running out of space purchase a larger SD card, they're fairly inexpensive now (unless you're using a Micro SD card those can be pricey).

If you can't find what you're looking for on the Nintendo site call Nintendo, the 800 number, for North America it's 1-800-255-3700. If you're not in North America look around on the Nintendo site of you corresponding region or look on the back of a Nintendo system for a number to call.
I am using The New 3DS,but I didn't see many instructions on this, They weren't detailed on how to do this in the manual, at least they didn't give comprehensive instructions.Thanks! I need to move pictures and BACK UP GAMES(Which I didn't even know I could before!) My SD card is running out space because of them and the updates from Smash Bros 3DS.Thanks I needed this!

Back