Support Needed Micro SD card Transfer?

• Thread starter Dark Link
  • Start date
Dark Link

Dark Link

The Forgotten Soul
Towns Folk
Ok I need a little help about my Micro SD card.I was wanting to know is there a way to transfer all my games and stuff to another card but without getting a new 3ds to do it.Also I have another question what is the max gb for the 3ds because right now I have a 16gb and I wanted more space.So can you guys help me out with this it will mean a lot to me.Thanks

You will need to buy a Micro SD card reader for your computer, copy all the datas of your old SD on your computer and then paste it in your new card. if you let some datas on your old sd card be carefull: some games allow to have different saves between two SD cards (such as Pokémon Dream RAdar) but some other will not allow you to use different saves (like Pokémon Y, Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Rumble World,...) that will make impossible to use the others saves than the latest you made

Reactions: Dark Link and Marc
Put your old SD Card in a computer, and they should be a Nintendo 3DS folder in the SD Card. Make a copy of the whole folder, and put it in your new one.

I think 32GB is the max Nintendo says they support, but @ErixSan managed to use a 128 GB card before. You can read more about that in this thread - https://nintenpedia.com/forum/threads/using-sdxc-cards-64-and-128-gb.1713/
I can confirm I am currently using a 128gb micro SD card for my New 3DS XL. The only step needed is formatting to FAT32.

Ok I need a little help about my Micro SD card.I was wanting to know is there a way to transfer all my games and stuff to another card but without getting a new 3ds to do it.Also I have another question what is the max gb for the 3ds because right now I have a 16gb and I wanted more space.So can you guys help me out with this it will mean a lot to me.Thanks

The easier process is to copy all your files from the SD card to your PC, and then copy these to your new SD card. Just be careful of not deleting or renaming anything.

You are forced to remove the backplate if you have the New 3DS / New 3DX XL.

Ok. A) It's real easy; take a philips head screwdriver, screw off the back of the 3DS, and push the MicroSD card up until it clicks and let go. This will eject it. Next, take a MicroSD card adapter, put the MicroSD card in the adapter, and plug the adapter into your computer. Open up your MicroSD card's folder, cut and paste the files onto your desktop, plug the new MicroSD card into your adapter, and move your 3DS files into the larger MicroSD card. Do NOT edit any data, even though you probably won't even be able to open the files, but that's for another time. Also, B) Don't go over 64GB. Seriously. It can cause hardware issues as the 3DS isn't designed to handle something even slightly intense like that without a CPU screwup. If you're gonna go over 64GB, you'll need a 3rd party software which will void your warranty, but then again changing the MicroSD card voids it as well. If you're using over 64GB, look up some 3rd party Homebrew softwares. (Fat32 is a good one) Hope this helps :)

I had one heck of a time with doing this my self but eventually figured it out . It's hard to explain and it's been a while since I had to do it but I do remember looking something like it up on youtube and found vids that pretty much explained it . If you need more of visuals to help then it's a good thing to try. I hope that the info you get here or find helps you out and I wish you luck . Good luck .

Back