Moderation Policy

• Thread starter Matthew
  • Start date
Matthew

Matthew

WE ARE... MARSHALL!!
Towns Folk
Warning Points - What are they?
- A warning point is a point accumulation a user gathers by receiving infractions from the staff. Warning points add up and lead to suspension and ultimately a permanent ban at 10 warning points.

-Warning Actions are as follows:

1 - Nothing
2 - Nothing
3-5 - 3 Day Suspension
6-7 - 1 Week Suspension
8 - 2 Week Suspension
9 - 1 Month Suspension
10 - Permanent Ban

How do moderators give out warning points?
- Well, it's simple. We have a 5 tier system for implementing warning marks.

Tier 1 - Friendly Reminder
Tier 2 - First Level Offense - 1 Warning Point
Tier 3 - Second Level Offense - 2 Warning points
Tier 4 - Third Level Offense - 3 Warning Points (Insta suspension)
Tier 5 - Spam Bot/Advertiser - 10 Warning Points

- Each infraction is monitored by @Marc and I, and we hold the right to extend/shorten a suspension. We also may undo a warning mark or add to an existing infraction.

- The member will always be notified of their warning as well as an official discussion followed by the moderator on why the infraction was given.

- Any complaints regarding an infraction or action taken by staff may be directed to me via PM and an investigation will follow. We do not condone staff abuse, and for a forum to work, everyone has to work together. This means staff > members and members > staff. We are all equal and every effort will be made to ensure the staff team operates in an acceptable level.

Why did I make this post?
I want to make the public aware of how the staff team operates to maximize fairness, and know what to look forward too when breaking rules. This moderation policy is a shell of the actual guidelines staff follow, and only contains information relevant to members. Moderators have a more extensive guideline set.

Moderators may also sometimes act outside of the above as long as they have a justified argument in doing so. This clause is repeated in the guidelines for members, and is no secret. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to post below or if you wish to remain anonymous, PM me and I will add a Q and A section outlining different questions members may have regarding how the staff team operates.

Reactions: GamerGoldFish
This is an excellent idea!
Well, we can report if we see something bad, rigth?

Reactions: Matthew
So... Many... WORDS...

Reactions: GamerGoldFish and Matthew
This is an excellent idea!
Well, we can report if we see something bad, rigth?
Yes, there's a report button.

Good idea @Matthew. Gotta be strict with the offenders! :rage:

Question: If after been given a warning point a user becomes a good person for a long while, will that warning point be subtracted and stay on to pile up the next time they post something offensive?

Reactions: 3dsatackman and Matthew
Reactions: Matthew
Level 1 and Level 2 offenses do expire. :).

I'm also going to allow appeals later on if this system ever really needs used.

Catstew, read your version of this in the staff room. :p

Is it Cat Language? Meow. :)

If that version is shorter, he will read that :D

Is it Cat Language? Meow. :)
Nope, just more wordy. I can try adding a cat version for you later on. ;)

Nope, just more wordy. I can try adding a cat version for you later on. ;)

Meow, Meow meow. :D

Reactions: ErixSan
So how would you get these warning points, being rude to others or..?

Can you made an easy way to access to the forum rules?

Warning Points - What are they?
- A warning point is a point accumulation a user gathers by receiving infractions from the staff. Warning points add up and lead to suspension and ultimately a permanent ban at 10 warning points.

-Warning Actions are as follows:

1 - Nothing
2 - Nothing
3-5 - 3 Day Suspension
6-7 - 1 Week Suspension
8 - 2 Week Suspension
9 - 1 Month Suspension
10 - Permanent Ban

How do moderators give out warning points?
- Well, it's simple. We have a 5 tier system for implementing warning marks.

Tier 1 - Friendly Reminder
Tier 2 - First Level Offense - 1 Warning Point
Tier 3 - Second Level Offense - 2 Warning points
Tier 4 - Third Level Offense - 3 Warning Points (Insta suspension)
Tier 5 - Spam Bot/Advertiser - 10 Warning Points

- Each infraction is monitored by @Marc and I, and we hold the right to extend/shorten a suspension. We also may undo a warning mark or add to an existing infraction.

- The member will always be notified of their warning as well as an official discussion followed by the moderator on why the infraction was given.

- Any complaints regarding an infraction or action taken by staff may be directed to me via PM and an investigation will follow. We do not condone staff abuse, and for a forum to work, everyone has to work together. This means staff > members and members > staff. We are all equal and every effort will be made to ensure the staff team operates in an acceptable level.

Why did I make this post?
I want to make the public aware of how the staff team operates to maximize fairness, and know what to look forward too when breaking rules. This moderation policy is a shell of the actual guidelines staff follow, and only contains information relevant to members. Moderators have a more extensive guideline set.

Moderators may also sometimes act outside of the above as long as they have a justified argument in doing so. This clause is repeated in the guidelines for members, and is no secret. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to post below or if you wish to remain anonymous, PM me and I will add a Q and A section outlining different questions members may have regarding how the staff team operates.
I am always afraid that is say something wrong on an forum and than get banned

I am always afraid that is say something wrong on an forum and than get banned
It's really hard to get banned. In fact, you have to work harder to get banned than you do to not get banned. As long as your sincere and basically don't spam/intentionally flame someone, you should be good. Moderators will always approach you before an official warning is given anyways. :)

It's really hard to get banned. In fact, you have to work harder to get banned than you do to not get banned. As long as your sincere and basically don't spam/intentionally flame someone, you should be good. Moderators will always approach you before an official warning is given anyways. :)
But don't the warning points get expired after one month ? So it's really hard to get banned at all :) getting banned is too hardcore lol :)

Back