Monster Hunter Stories

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Capcom announced this game at the end of Monster Hunter Fest '15, apparently - it has an emphasis on riding monsters rather than hunting them. It's coming to Japan in 2016; I'm pretty sure it'll get localized. Infinitely more child-friendly than the other ones, which is what Capcom was aiming for. That Felyne tho.

Source. Oh wait :p

Capcom announced this game at the end of Monster Hunter Fest '15, apparently - it has an emphasis on riding monsters rather than hunting them. It's coming to Japan in 2016; I'm pretty sure it'll get localized. Infinitely more child-friendly than the other ones, which is what Capcom was aiming for. That Felyne tho.

Source. Oh wait :p

Looks like they fused Zelda:Wind Waker's textures with the MH universe. Honestly, I saw the trailer, and while I do think it's a nice idea for the younger people, it does look weird for those who are adapted to the main MH games.

@Spinnerweb: You know there's a MH game on the PSP in which you play as a Felyne actually, and with that kind of graphics ? (Can't recall the name, but I saw it on the net numerous times)

@Spinnerweb: You know there's a MH game on the PSP in which you play as a Felyne actually, and with that kind of graphics ? (Can't recall the name, but I saw it on the net numerous times)
Ah yes, Monster Hunter Diary. It looks kind of similar; I think Monster Hunter Stories is in the same vein.

OH DEAR ARCEUS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT FELYNE!!! other than that, i think it looks fun since you actually fight monsters with other monsters :cat: i just hope rath isn't the only monster you can ride :bag:

Hey, I'm not a big Monster Hunter fan (never played it at all tbh) but honestly, this looks great and looks like it will be one of those 3DS games that make you think twice about whether it actually looks like it should be on 3DS! xP

But yeah, I wonder how this will play with the riding monsters and fighting monsters.

Well, people have been asking for Monster vs Monster stuff for a while and here it is. I'm definitely gonna get it if it gets localized.

I'm glad this will be released on the 3ds. At first, I thought this was going to be another online MonHun game, leaving almost no hope of localization.

I don't like Monster Hunter, so I'm expecting good things from this spin-off :D

As I'm not a big fan of Pokémon but LOVE the Rumble and Conquest sub-series, I think Stories can be better than the main series and finally make me play a MH game.

Reactions: Alegria
I don't like Monster Hunter, so I'm expecting good things from this spin-off :D

As I'm not a big fan of Pokémon but LOVE the Rumble and Conquest sub-series, I think Stories can be better than the main series and finally make me play a MH game.
The logic in that first sentence :p

Reactions: Barmont
Haha! I know right? :p

Looks like capcom is trying to get people to buy monster hunter. They made 4 not to long ago( like 5 months I think), Monster hunter stories, and a monster hunter for iOS

Looks like capcom is trying to get people to buy monster hunter. They made 4 not to long ago( like 5 months I think), Monster hunter stories, and a monster hunter for iOS
The iOS one is a PSP port.

This game is about *drum roll...................* delivering eggs....

Ok guys, it's official.
CapCom hates our guts.

This is basically pokemon then?

I don't like 'regular' Monster Hunter games.

the player is so... 'human', they don't jump higher than I would, they don't run faster than I would... compared to other games, they look rather limited, slow, weak... so... accurate (except for using giant swords and stuff, and taking damages, 'y know). That makes the gameplay hard and boring.

But this demo... THIS DEMO! I just love it! I can't stop playing, it's so cool! a Pokémon-like, but quite simple, the gameplay is simple and good, the chara are nice, the monsters aren't bad, the story looks amazing! Its simplicity is made such as it's just perfect, yet not the "easy" simplicity. I want more, but I can't afford.

I just tried the demo of the game and find it to be rather fun so far. I can see it selling pretty decent and it's pretty cute. I wish there was just a bit more to the demo tho cause it's very very short . The game play is nice , the camera isn't to bad , the music is good and the characters are cute . I do hope there is more to the custom character selection in the full game but even if it doesn't have more what they have isn't that bad.

Right off the bat it’s nice that the downloadable demo, which lets you play through the first few hours of the game, saves all of your progress, including the monsters and items you collect. All of this data can then be transferred over to the main game. It’s definitely a great way to get a head start on the game. Although I don't like the felynes look.

I ended up buying this game after all and it is quite nice. It can be challenging once you reach a certain point and visually it is really nice.

Sure it's turn based, but it kinda helps me. I had issue with regulat MH games on 3DS, I had difficulty seeing what was going on on a small screen, but turn based works well.

First of all, let me say this. OH... MY... GOSH!!!!!!!! You don't know how much I want this game! When I first saw the trailer, I was skeptical, as I have zero interest in the Monster Hunter series in general. That all changed when I decided to download and play the special demo version of the game. Let's just say that I was so addicted, (and still am) that I racked the play count up on the demo to 12 hours and 34 minutes! (And still counting!) I cannot express how much I want this and pray I get it soon!

First of all, let me say this. OH... MY... GOSH!!!!!!!! You don't know how much I want this game! When I first saw the trailer, I was skeptical, as I have zero interest in the Monster Hunter series in general. That all changed when I decided to download and play the special demo version of the game. Let's just say that I was so addicted, (and still am) that I racked the play count up on the demo to 12 hours and 34 minutes! (And still counting!) I cannot express how much I want this and pray I get it soon!
JUST LIKE ME :)

Back