Monster Hunter Warriors?

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
How would you feel about a monster hunter X dynasty warriors game? I think it would be pretty cool where you just run through hordes of monster slaying and not stopping and then you finally get to the big boss. It could be more story driven as well along with different factions. I think it would be a pretty cool concept

Reactions: Pookie and Furno
That wouldn't make much sense in my opinion, what I mean is I don't think any small monsters would move around in a heard of like 500-1000 with one large monster to lead them. Besides that, the weapon combos in MonHun aren't really built to fit in a hack-n-slash style of game and materials would either be overly abundant, insanely hard to get, or you need like 500 jaggi scales for one weapon. After all of that what would the story be about? I mean you can't really just say story driven when there isn't much story you could make for a MonHun game sense monsters aren't exactly intelligent and there aren't any rivaling/enemy clans/villages/nations/countries/etc. that being said this is probably just me not being imaginative enough to think of a way for it to work. That being said it would be cool but removing the slow strategy from MonHun removes what makes it so intriguing in the first place in my opinion. Also sorry if this is convoluted and to long.

Well, I haven't seen much of the full MH franchise, but since it seems that one of the main lures of the series is the tactical mind required and the slow paced action, I don't think it would be such a good idea.

Oh, the realism (which I've heard some people like from the series) would take a hit too

Oh, the realism (which I've heard some people like from the series) would take a hit too
What realism? Lol
You carry around humongous weapons with relative ease (sure, you slow down, but you're able to swing them around hard enough to do damage and run with them), have magic drinks that can heal you, cats that can talk, etc.
I agree with your other point, though.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
What realism? Lol
You carry around humongous weapons with relative ease (sure, you slow down, but you're able to swing them around hard enough to do damage and run with them), have magic drinks that can heal you, cats that can talk, etc.
I agree with your other point, though.
I meant more the fact that you actually DO slow down with huge weapons (hear that Link?) Mostly proper gravity (mooostly, from what I've seen) no crazy stunts of hyper speeds/strenght and so on.

It's pretty unrealistic still, but less so than many other series :p

I mean, it could be a cool concept or add in a tactical thinking mindset into it. Such as still keeping in the slow paced action, but you fight in waves and not hordes until the leader of the group arrives. That could probably work instead of hack and slash

As of lately games with existing franchises have been given the game style of dynasty warriors........and it has been incredibly successful. We have Franchises like One Piece and Legend Of Zelda which have been hugely successful, as well as the new Beserk themed Dynasty Warriors game soon to be released. So with this trend would a Monster Hunter themed Dynasty Warriors game be great?

Well, it would be different but not to different. Monster Hunter has alwasy been about exploring your environment, collecting resources, and the min objective of taking down huge monsters with either your wits, teamwork, or strength. All of those could be used in a Warriors game. By defeating enemys you collect resources, their would be a vast environment to traverse, and fighting the giant monster itself is basically a boss fight in its own right.

What would be diffrent is fighting tons of smaller monsters or enemys. Which in other installments you do find smaller monsters in the world, but not armys of them. So perhaps a new system would be defeating a certain set of monsters, and trading them in for resources of just as an overall goal of the level. As we have seen in Hyrule Warriors, we can have giant boss fights that move across the field, so the fights themselves wouldent be to diffrent.

As for the characters and weapons, Monster Hunter already has a Dynasty Warriors type of character select where each character has a certain weapon they use, so that would most likely remain untouched. Their is so much left that would fit perfectly, but what is certain is Monster Hunter would make a great Dynasty Warriors game.

So what do you think? Would you like to see Koei make Monster Hunter into a dynasty warriors game? And what would you like to see added to the game?

I said the same thing on the original post, this idea makes no sense what-so-ever.

Reactions: patbacknitro
I said the same thing on the original post, this idea makes no sense what-so-ever.
What do you mean? Its not as ideal as Fire Emblem or plenty other games. But this could work and be done well. Some things would just need to change. I mean it makes as much sense as Hyrule Warriora

It worked with Zelda and other games because they have reappearing characters and it's implied the enemy has a large army, making sense of the hundreds of warriors on field. While Monster Hunter has no bad guy or a implied large army to explain the large amount of monsters on the field, there are no monsters that travel in any packs/herds/etc that large ingame (this can make sense of why after you kill so many small monsters they stop spawning), and there are no reappearing characters that continue to appear in every MH game (not counting Monsters).

Yes but again changes can be made. For characters their would just be new original characters. The weapons would stay the same. Monster Hunter may have no bad guy, but they could create a new original villian, or have a king of monsters type situation. As for large armys that could easily be explained and implemented.

Still makes no sense because for this to be a story driven game they would also have to follow the rules set by the guild, one of those rules is only 4 people can go on a hunt at one time. They would have to break that rule in the lore to explain having hundreds of hunters on the field.

Still makes no sense because for this to be a story driven game they would also have to follow the rules set by the guild, one of those rules is only 4 people can go on a hunt at one time. They would have to break that rule in the lore to explain having hundreds of hunters on the field.
Good point, which can be used by your team. But the people you fight dont have to be human, they smaller monsters. I mean imagine if somehow the would started to become overrun with monsters. The idea can work and do well, but like Hyrule warriors it would change alot of what the other titles have been.

I already addressed the small monster problem.

I already addressed the small monster problem.
True but that could still be solved. Say that event happened and thousands of monsters covered the land. Like perhaps the discovery of some nest of monsters where thousands of monsters hid. Or something along those lines. all it takes is a little creativity

The monsters aren't exactly peaceful to each other, many of them are territorial

The monsters aren't exactly peaceful to each other, many of them are territorial
That could also be explained. I do agree with you that their are more deserving games. However Koei has talked about doing a Super Mario warriors in the future. And Monster Hunter deserves a shot way before Mario does.

Super Mario Warriors could actually work unlike Monster Hunter Warriors is the difference

Super Mario Warriors could actually work unlike Monster Hunter Warriors is the difference
But how? Monster Hunter fits into a dynasty warrior game far more then mario can. From the characters, the weapons, the world, and even the games objective. Monster Hunter fits far better then mario as Mario has never had any weapons, Unless Flood and the poltergiest count.

"Some things would just need to change"
"Yes but again changes can be made"
"True but that could still be solved"
"that also can be explained"

f35e898dcf18b86322ee83b44ba6e59f.gif

Reactions: Furno
Back