Monster Hunter World will not be available for the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management

No, it hasn't been confirmed but it hasn't been announced for the Nintendo Switch either. The game will launch in 2018 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. A PC release will follow at a later date.

Sure, Nintendo consoles already have a bunch of Monster Hunter games already, but does anyone know why this one isn't coming to the Nintendo Switch or Wii U?

Also, what do you guys think about Monster Hunter World?

I think it's because the Nintendo Switch can't handle the game, or so I heard.

A shame though, no MhXX for the west and no Mon Hun world for the Nintendo Switch.

I refuse to believe that MH: World can't run on the Switch because Capcom sure does make lazy ports.

Capcom sure does make lazy ports.
wow wow wow

MH4U and MHGen are among the best looking games on the 3DS and they run flawlessly (the only lag comes from the network when playing online). Meanwhile, Gamefreak can't display two Pokemons on the screen without framedrops. So I wouldn't say Capcom is the worst company when it comes to optimization.

wow wow wow

MH4U and MHGen are among the best looking games on the 3DS and they run flawlessly (the only lag comes from the network when playing online). Meanwhile, Gamefreak can't display two Pokemons on the screen without framedrops. So I wouldn't say Capcom is the worst company when it comes to optimization.

I'm pretty sure MH4 and MHGen are not ports.

So is Pokemon.

I said capcom do lazy ports because:
The mobile version of megaman is stupid and absurd, has glitches, and is just a cash-cow. Unofficial devs were better at doing the job right by making emulators, even the virtual console had it better.

Nintendo Switch had a port of Street Fighter that not only is old, it also had existed on other platforms for a cheaper price with the same content. (I'm not sure about this one, I'll be happy if you can prove me wrong.)

Also, optimization isn't about the point I had.
You could say Smash Bros is a port, the games you've mentioned aren't ports.

Capcom isn't the best when it comes to optimization, they had good ports and I wouldn't say they were the WORST company when it comes to ports and optimizations but they certainly are not the best when it comes to it.

Well this really took me by surprise!! I am a huge Monster Hunter fan and the last couple of years I have been enjoying the games on my nintendo platforms, 3ds mostly. When I Heard about the monster hunter xx being ported to the switch I said that´s amazing, but when I saw the tráiler for mh world I was driven nuts by it!! The game looks spectacular, really fluid and a lot to do with the environment. But there is still something I am unable to understand, and that is capcom, how come this game is not going to arrive on nintendo switch?

I'm pretty sure MH4 and MHGen are not ports.

So is Pokemon.

I said capcom do lazy ports because:
The mobile version of megaman is stupid and absurd, has glitches, and is just a cash-cow. Unofficial devs were better at doing the job right by making emulators, even the virtual console had it better.

Nintendo Switch had a port of Street Fighter that not only is old, it also had existed on other platforms for a cheaper price with the same content. (I'm not sure about this one, I'll be happy if you can prove me wrong.)

Also, optimization isn't about the point I had.
You could say Smash Bros is a port, the games you've mentioned aren't ports.

Capcom isn't the best when it comes to optimization, they had good ports and I wouldn't say they were the WORST company when it comes to ports and optimizations but they certainly are not the best when it comes to it.
True, my point was about optimization in general (since MHWorld is a new game), not ports.
MH4 and MHGen aren't ports, but MH3 is (from Wii to 3DS), and MH4 and MHGen are based on it.
Pokemon isn't a port but then it has even less reasons to be so ridiculously laggy :p

And ok, I didn't know about these ports you mentioned.

True, my point was about optimization in general (since MHWorld is a new game), not ports.
MH4 and MHGen aren't ports, but MH3 is (from Wii to 3DS), and MH4 and MHGen are based on it.
Pokemon isn't a port but then it has even less reasons to be so ridiculously laggy :p

And ok, I didn't know about these ports you mentioned.

Tbh, having such a ridiculous amounts of pokemon along with their 3D models, moves, types, stats, natures, etc. would imo justify such lag.

Tbh, having such a ridiculous amounts of pokemon along with their 3D models, moves, types, stats, natures, etc. would imo justify such lag.
Most of this data is irrelevant here. I'm a dev and I made a Pokemon game for calculators, I can tell you that the only kind of data that makes a game lag is graphics, not moves types stats natures etc. And that's exactly why I made my game with still 2D sprites, because I know that will run flawlessly on a 6MHz CPU with no GPU. Meanwhile Gamefreak can't reduce the number of vertices when their game lags...

Most of this data is irrelevant here. I'm a dev and I made a Pokemon game for calculators, I can tell you that the only kind of data that makes a game lag is graphics, not moves types stats natures etc. And that's exactly why I made my game with still 2D sprites, because I know that will run flawlessly on a 6MHz CPU with no GPU. Meanwhile Gamefreak can't reduce the number of vertices when their game lags...

Color me impressed, nice job!

I understand you, but I must mention that in my original post, Capcom doing such a sleazy job on ports only stands as my opinion so GameFreak had nothing to do with this xD.

A solid point though.

But where did you experience these lag?
I'm sure if Capcom can do such games without it, why can't they?

Last edited:
Color me impressed, nice job!

I understand you, but I must mention that in my original post, Capcom doing such a sleazy job on ports only stands as my opinion so GameFreak had nothing to do with this xD.

A solid point though.

But where did you experience these lag?
I'm sure if Capcom can do such games without it, why can't they?

And yeah, sorry, I was the one to start talking about optimization in general instead of ports, so that's why we're talking Gamefreak here. I experience this lag in battles basically. It depends on the Pokemons. Two Pikachus don't make the game lag, but two Moltres probably. And when there are more than 2 Pokemons on screen, it's even worse :p

The only reason is the polycount, really. Their Pokemon have far too much detail. On the other hand, I can understand why they can't really reduce it the way Capcom does in MH. Capcom has textures, so the player still sees something detailed even when the model isn't. Pokemon doesn't exactly have detailed textures (I mean, a Pikachu is basically yellow, with some red here and some black there and some brown sometimes, but it doesn't have scales everywhere)...

About Capcom ports, there is still MH3 which was ported from Wii to 3DS without an issue. Maybe they know how to port to specific consoles but not to generic markets like mobiles, and that's why they failed hard on Megaman? No idea.

Reactions: Gameru
Back