Most difficult Zelda game?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
whats the most hard Zelda game to complete, in your opinion and why? did it put you off from playing it again? Or was it all worth it in the end?

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was hard for me, only because the motion controls were clunky and i really did not like the stamina metre for that game, I also was not a fan of the hard to maneuver bird. Overall though I powered through the game, because in the end, the story was superb.

Reactions: Magitroopa
I haven't played Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or Spirit Tracks, so unfortunately I don't know how those are in comparison to other LoZ games.

I don't find LoZ games to be difficult at all though. There isn't one LoZ game that has ever given me a challenge at all. I guess I'll just say Majora's Mask because of the time limit, but I'm really just grasping at straws here. None of them are hard for me.

Ocarina of Time was hard for me because of some of the temples (I'm looking at you Water Temple). I often got stuck in certain places without any sense of what to do next. The Master Quest was especially challenging and I still haven't finished it on my 3DS yet.

Zelda II on the NES by a country mile! Play the game on an original NES and see for yourself! It's impossible to resist the restore points when playing on 3DS/Wii U. Even the most seasoned of gamers can't deny how difficult this game was!

I thought all zelda games were hard but this is the hardest one I've played and it's the legend of zelda ocarina of time :/.
Yea I kinda suck at it....and master quest made me die a lot so I never played it again

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, the strength of the Dark World enemies made me jump but I still generally breezed through. I need to play the older Zelda games, though, they're probably harder.

I haven't played much TLoZ games, so my library is small. But I vividly remember wanting to break my DSi when playing Spirit Tracks, I completely forgot what caused me to rage (it was a few times), so that game was pretty hard (for me) :bag:. I think it was somewhere in the Snow Realm that I realized all Zelda games are stressful.

Legend of Zelda four swords because I can't even beat the first door of the realm of memories or Hero's trial and I can't get the gold key in death mountain. Talus cave was easy and Sea of trees I finally got after a lot of tries in between 2900 and 2999 rupees. 3000+ rupees required

Oracle of Seasons (Linked game). Never in any other Zelda game I have constantly gotten game overs before. I even had a ton of trouble with the final boss, something I usually do good on in other Zelda games. (Even Zelda II I didn't have much trouble with)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was hard for me, only because the motion controls were clunky and i really did not like the stamina metre for that game, I also was not a fan of the hard to maneuver bird. Overall though I powered through the game, because in the end, the story was superb.

I love Skyward Sword. It is an amazing Zelda game, but I had the most trouble at the end with the final bosses. Good thing I recorded my epic win when I beat the game my first time :p

7:28 is where I land the final blow, and yes, it is me playing it, not some other random person.

I would say Majoras mask is the hardest one I have played. Only for the fact that it times you, if it didn't I'd probably rank it as one of the easiest. All you who aresaying that you found Skyward Sword the hardest, well I'd have to disagree with you. It wasn't that hard and in my eyes was one of the best in the franchise! And yes, in case your wondering I did stop playing majoras mask and didn't finish it... Only because I didn't like the gameplay, not because it was too hard!

Top 3:
3. Zelda CD-i Games: If you're feeling suicidal or have a moment to vomit, play these and please reconsider what you're doing with your life.
2. TLoZ II: Adventure of Link: Only one I can think of that's different: after playing all the other Oracle games, ALTTP and ALBtwnWds, and Minish Cap, this is the hardest to get used to.
1. TLoZ Second Quest Blind: Can't say anything else. ;)

Top 3:
3. Zelda CD-i Games: If you're feeling suicidal or have a moment to vomit, play these and please reconsider what you're doing with your life.

Games are actually pretty easy if you're playing with a real controller. Not sure how emulations work, but the real discs on genuine CD-i hardware aren't all that difficult.

Legend of Zelda four swords because I can't even beat the first door of the realm of memories or Hero's trial and I can't get the gold key in death mountain. Talus cave was easy and Sea of trees I finally got after a lot of tries in between 2900 and 2999 rupees. 3000+ rupees required
^ That one because it was one of the few I've played and it's impossible without multiplayer to get to the last Vaati Chamber and the Keys needed for it. The Hero's Trial was also a pain because you need to know the exact way to evade attacks and kill enemies while wind is in your face/ you can fall off ice/ you can fall off the flying stage/ enemies movements and invincibilities seem cheap and unfair. Plus it must not be user friendly if @Marc didn't know how to save. :p At least it's easier than KI.

I need the hero's keys now but they don't require multiplayer. I have the Hero's key for Death mountain and I was 107 Rupees off of getting the one in Talus cave. The trick is to destroy enemies consistantly while eache of them give you 20+ Rupees. 5000+ rupees required.

The cgi games i literaly broke my cgi an raged for 3 days and broke every little single chip in it with a sledge hammer

The first Legend of Zelda game for snes had me pretty much stumped... After doing maybe the first few dungeons, I found it impossible to even find the others. And this was back in the day before you would look up internet walkthrough a cos you weren't allowed to use the computer (if you even had internet then... Maybe it was dial-up... The details are vague)
Never finished it... Sad times

Well, it varies for my part:

Zelda Majora's Mask was not that difficult, but had mostly stressful moments (remember when you had to help somebody to get a mask in the Ikana Valley, and if you fail, well, you have to restart the quest from the first day in order to get another try ?), and damn it, that clock goes way too fast if you don't know how to slow down the time in-game.

Of course, I also add Zelda II, that is really difficult. Since I don't have my Zelda Collector's Disk anymore, I can't play it, but even with a GC controller, that was hard.

Other than this, I don't really have found Zelda games difficult (except the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, because I didn't know where to go and what to do).

I didn't think any were hard per-se, but I haven't bothered to finish ALTTP for a different reason- I got bored of it. I don't know why, or how, I just thought it was a bit dull. Maybe it was because I was playing the GBA version, or because I don't have any nostalgic memories of the game, I just found it a bit dull. Actually, it's probably because I didn't explore enough... Anyways, maybe I'll go back and play it again and love it some day, but until then, it'll go uncompleted on my shelf... or, rather, in my "GBA games that aren't SRW" bucket. :)

Back