Most disappointing loss in Splatoon?

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date

Aspiring Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
What's your most disappointing loss in Splatoon? I'd prefer no "rekt in 10 seconds" stories >.>

My story:
Mode: Rainmaker
Stage:Arowana Mall
Gun: N-Zap 85

The battle started in their favor, they were destroying my team. Being the intelligent squid I am, I decided to sneak around the upper right side. I plummeted down into their ink and made my way around. I was greeted with an ugly sight, my teammates dieing, one by one... :eek: Not so stealthily, I threw a bomb alerting a blaster guy, I charged him and somehow beat him without dieing. I recovered in the ink from his explosion then popped up to be greeted by two enemy squids, I splatted the splatling guy first then bested the other guy using my superior range. The only one left was the rainmaker. He turned and saw me, but alas, it was too late. 1,2,3, dead.

I proceeded to ink the area stopping only to restore my ink, the rainmaker fell into our rightful possession and I led the charge with echolocator activated, I splatted three more guys opening up the area. But sadly my rainmaker buddy was being too safe and waited there...
A guy snuk up on me but I dispensed of him and reopened win street, and my team protected the rainmaker buddy from a 1-man enemy onslaught, with that we charged.

We were about to take the lead when BAM! The rainmaker inksplooded taking out me and 2 comrades...

We couldn't regain stage position or the rainmaker and after awhile the time dwindled down and we lost, 31-30......

Darn it rainmaker buddy, there was no one there D:

P.S. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my story :cat:

Reactions: Mikaya
That moment when all of your team disconnected on ranked mode ;~; oh the horror!!!!

Reactions: 3391
My worst lost in SPLATOON isn't connection which that gets me a lot but when we play the mode where if you ink the most you win. Me and my team would ink the whole map then push back the enemies in the game to there spawn. I guard we forgot one enemy and they took the inkzooka and my whole team died letting the other team do the same to us and after that we couldn't a make a comeback they did our own trick or whatever against us:(.

Tower control on Port Mackerel. Our team had 2, their team still had 100. It was looking pretty good for us... Until one opposing inkling pulled out echolocator, another pulled out inkzooka and rekt us all in an alleyway, one by one. Then they were able to get their tower all the way to 1. XD

The match eventually ended with them winning by 1 point. ¬¬

Reactions: 3391 and Mikaya
that moment when the other team win by 00.01%

Reactions: Eric Cartman, Mizunil and Mikaya
I get this alot on splat zones. When you're team have got both zones pretty much under your total control and then some noob messes everything up. I have won splatzones and tower control by myself before. I tend to sneak around in the background and take out whoever i find. But sometimes my team just sucks horribly

that 1 game where you were destroying the opposing team..then your team decides to freakin go get a ten hour snack or something... and then you lose....:facepalm:

How about bringing the tower in Tower Control all the way to 1 point away from the goal, then watching in shock and horror as the enemy team manages to make a comeback, knocking you out in overtime?
When you pull it off, it's epic, but when the enemy does it... well... I've had to get about 15 face and palm replacements from that alone.

Reactions: 3391
Mode: Tower Control
Stage: Blackbelly Skatepark
Weapon: Inkbrush (or Inkbrush Nouveau, I can't remember, it's the one with sprinklers.)

The game started, and Immediately, it was going downhill. Two players on my team seemed to be having a tea party or something, as they were just standing on the spawn. The other one was using the Krak-on Roller, and was placing all three of their Squid Beakons on the spawn. They then ran off towards the tower, all the while I was trying to paint as much as possible to build up an inkstrike and also to create easy paths for my team, as per my usual play style. After a minute of inactivity the players on the spawn disconnected, leaving just me and Mr. SpawnBeakons. The entire opposing team, all of which had Blasters, were stood on the tower, each one on a side. Whenever we got close, they just blasted us. I think you can safely guess the outcome of this match.

We were about to win in rainmaker and we all died. Like 3 points from it too. They pushed hard and won.

When the other team wins by 00.01% :banghead:
I hate that so much ;c
That happen to anyone else?

Reactions: Mizunil
A disappointing loss is losing a rank battle at the last second by 1 point or losing turf war by 00.01%. With turf I can just brush the salt off but with rank battles I'm just ............. disappointed. What I realized when I play competitive is that overtime always ends when either teams is over barley 1 point than the other team it can be annoying and super salty beyond belief at times. Especially when the start of the match you feel a good vibe that your team is going to win.

My worst losses are always either the ones where the other team wins by 00.01% or where your team is just about to win and then loses because of a connection error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back