most favorite link incarnation in legend of Zelda series

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date
Corey

Corey

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
In Ocarina of Time 3D, who did you like playing as the most? Adult Link or young Link?

I mostly found myself playing as adult Link. I think adult Link could do a lot of more things that young Link couldn't do. I'm sure there was an advantage to using adult Link than young Link, too. Also, I find young Link's voice to be kind of annoying.

So, who do you mostly play as?

Even though I tend to like Young Link better, the game itself got me using Adult Link more time, as he beats more dungeons, can mount Epona, had different tunics and boots and could use more items so I'd say I found him more fun to play as.

Without a doubt adult link, he had the cooler items to use.

Well, the game itself is made so that you have to play as older Link more. I actually prefer young link though, since the older link can't really comprehend his own body and such. Young link is just so cool, I mean seriously! What kind of a kid is as capable as young link!? No kid is; or at least, not the ones I've met.

Plus, Young Link got a sequel, and he is really amazing in it. He picked up his awesomeness in Ocarina of Time, but he really shows it in Major's Mask. Just the way he jumps; he flips like an acrobat. He just has 'hero' written all over him. ~

Reactions: Kaynil
I'm still playing as Young Link on Ocarina of Time 3D, so I can't really say. But I'm looking forward more to playing as Adult Link.

Well, the game itself is made so that you have to play as older Link more. I actually prefer young link though, since the older link can't really comprehend his own body and such. Young link is just so cool, I mean seriously! What kind of a kid is as capable as young link!? No kid is; or at least, not the ones I've met.

Plus, Young Link got a sequel, and he is really amazing in it. He picked up his awesomeness in Ocarina of Time, but he really shows it in Major's Mask. Just the way he jumps; he flips like an acrobat. He just has 'hero' written all over him. ~
I actually made an article for my spanish zelda community regarding this shift of Young Link and I too enjoyed the sequel. There I get to do the adult oot stuff and use adult link items with him. I find it very interesting.

Based just on OoT and game mechanic and excluding the psychology of it, I get more of a kick with adult Link, specially with some N64 glitches. *coughes*

Reactions: Flarence
I like them equally.
I said it.

I like them both. There are parts of each that I enjoy. I think that is what makes a good game. One that show you different perspectives on the same thing yet there are still tiny details that are different. :)

Well, the game I played only had one Link and he looked kinda young to me. xD So, in Ocarina of Time, is there a way to choose either, young or Adult link? or does he grow up gradually in game? xD

Well, the game I played only had one Link and he looked kinda young to me. xD So, in Ocarina of Time, is there a way to choose either, young or Adult link? or does he grow up gradually in game? xD
It depends. For half the game you are stuck with what you got, being adult or kid, it is not really gradually just plot progression but at some point you will be able to decide if the adult or young era is the appropriate to solve the dungeon, quest, etc.

In that sense you are free to go back being a kid anytime, but in order to progress the plot you will have to be the 'right' one in each point.

Young Link. So innocent. Still Learning. Legend in the making. Young Link in the Rink.

It depends. For half the game you are stuck with what you got, being adult or kid, it is not really gradually just plot progression but at some point you will be able to decide if the adult or young era is the appropriate to solve the dungeon, quest, etc.

In that sense you are free to go back being a kid anytime, but in order to progress the plot you will have to be the 'right' one in each point.
Oh, I understand so it's all about time travelling and stuff. Suddenly, the name makes sense to me xD. Haha, kidding, I knew it was about time travel and stuff. >_>

Still playing... You will see.

I would have to choose young Link. I've only ever played games that featured young Link, this includes the GBA and NDS games.

I prefer Toon link. He's much cuter and I prefer anime style graphics. xD

I like the OOT style of graphics over the more cartoony style of graphics from say Wind Walker. I really think the OOT style is nicer and more 'mature' in a sense. :)

Wind waker is a fantastic game, but I prefer Adult Link, as I love that art style more =)

I prefer the art style in the original as well. I like the Wind Waker games too, but Link just looks way better than Toon Link

You play as Adult Link for most of the story and I like him since he has a much bigger arsenal, Epona, and has the ability to conquer all of the major dungeons in the game. I like small Link though because he gets to live in a room without destruction and sadness, while Adult Link is only surrounded by the ruins of Hyrule, even after Ganondorf is defeated.

Talking 'bout Melee I'd say Young Link because you know, you gotta support Melee. However in OoT I prefer Adult Link since he has more items in his arsenal and he can actually use the Biggoron Sword (without glitches/cheats). Adult Link is the real hero (although you do need to go back in time briefly and rip holes in space/time to reach new places just once.

Back