Most Forgettable starter Pokemon.

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
We all have that 1 starter we all hold near and dear to our hearts. For me, it's Cyndaquil, after we shared a heartwarming adventure in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red for Gameboy Advance. But that aside, an answer that must be confirmed here today is.....what is the most forgettable starter Pokemon? Which starter Pokemon is just so useless compared to the others, which starter Pokemon has just the most uncreative design compared to the rest.

Well, it's no surprise the answer to this would be a grass type Pokemon. The most forgettable starter Pokemon is without a doubt Turtwig. Ya, that cheap Bulbasaur clone from the Diamond and Pearl games. Compared to every other starter he just does not stick out, both design wise and in usefulness. But this is just my opinion, and I want to hear yours. Who do you find to be the most forgettable starter Pokemon? And you are allowed to say Cyndaquil, but I will argue to the ends of the Earth with you on that.

Surprisingly 4 me it is a water type dat is Froakie from Pokemon X!! I had 2 google who da water starter in Pomemon X is cuz i didn't remember him at all cuz he is ttly forgettable xD every1 always picks da Fire type anyway....

Reactions: Alegria and VirtulJordan
Surprisingly 4 me it is a water type dat is Froakie from Pokemon X!! I had 2 google who da water starter in Pomemon X is cuz i didn't remember him at all cuz he is ttly forgettable xD every1 always picks da Fire type anyway....
For me I could remember Froakie just because he is Greninjas younger form, and Greninja is like the Star starter for X and Y, being in Smash Brothers and getting an exclusive transformation when bonded with Ash. But ya I agree Fire Types are the way to go.

To me it's the fire ape in Gen 4. It was the second fire-fighting type and the two other were kinda cute. Plus their double types were pretty cool. I actually liked Turtwig more than both Bulbasaur and Squirtle (which I only like for nostalgy... Pokémon Blue's backsprite of the fully evolved Bulbasaur is like a big salad (making mine win its nickname) and Squirtle's fully evolved face sprite in Blue is so fat! I called it Sandwich >_< )

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I'd have to agree with the OP on this one, who even cares or chooses Turtwig as their starter? I'd much rather stick with Chimchar (I prefer fire-types for the most part). Turtwig doesn't really stand out, appearance or stat-wise, in my opinion. Nintendo could've done way better. I would choose Piplup over Turtwig any day. xD

who even cares or chooses Turtwig as their starter?
I would! And I did! I never regreted it!

Reactions: Mikaya
I would! And I did! I never regreted it!
Did u switch 2 using Ratatta or something ASAP?

Did u switch 2 using Ratatta or something ASAP?
<roleplay mode: on> er... what? What did you say about my teammate? Don't mess with my team. <roleplay mode: off>

For me, the most forgettable starter is the Fire Pig from Gen 5. The whole concept of it never appealed to me; it came across as more weird than cute. But more importantly, the typing of this beast was it's most massive downfall. Had it been any other type, it could've been okay, but being the THIRD fire/fighting starter in a row just made it forgettable and hated for a bit by the comminuty.

Originally I was going to sat Chikorita, but clearly she's more memorable when I can come up with her name while I can't even remember what the pig was called. I had to gow through all the starters generation by generation to even be reminded of its existence.

Reactions: VirtulJordan and Alegria
For me, the most forgettable starter is the Fire Pig from Gen 5. The whole concept of it never appealed to me; it came across as more weird than cute. But more importantly, the typing of this beast was it's most massive downfall. Had it been any other type, it could've been okay, but being the THIRD fire/fighting starter in a row just made it forgettable and hated for a bit by the comminuty.

Originally I was going to sat Chikorita, but clearly she's more memorable when I can come up with her name while I can't even remember what the pig was called. I had to gow through all the starters generation by generation to even be reminded of its existence.
actually I found that one more cute than the two others of that generation. being a little black I hoped it to grow dark type, so I was really disappointed... but in general, one-type starters disappoint me even more.

That is also a very forgettable one, but the only reason people remember it is because of its final form, besides that I can't even remember what its second forms name is or what it even looks like. But to be fair out of all the Pokemon games Gen 5 had probably the most forgettable starters in general. As everyone loves all of Gen 1 and Gen 2 and Gen 3. Gen 4 has 2 good starters. You can't forget Gen 6's starters because Greninja is in Smash brothers and the other two happen to be in Pokken tournament I believe. And Everyone loves all of the Gen 7 starters. So comparatively, 5 Is not the strongest Gen. However I still hold my place on Turtwig being the most forgettable starter.

I guess Turtwig...
Not that I don't like it. In fact,the one I less enjoy is Chimchar,i guess I don't enjoy monkey Pokémon designs in general, but I do remember him because it was one of Ash's pokémon. ><

For me it's between Snivy and Chespin. I didn't use them at all as my starter, and I don't like Chespin's final evolution, Chestnaught at all. Serperior was fine, I guess.

I think that the most forgettable starter has to be Rowlett from Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I think of it as forgettable because most of the time I can't remember it's type for it's later evolutions whenever my game's Hau sends him out, his second evolution form is hideous, and it's so laughingly weak I can take him down using my Incineroar's Darkest Liarat no problem, Z-charged or not.

Plus, Decidueye just sounds like a better name for a Sableye evolution, don't you think?

I think the most forgettable starter that has a lame design and is not picked by pokemon players is Chikorita I never really like Chikorita when I used to play Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver the only reason I picked it was to fill in the Pokedex most other grass starters are famous ,but this one is left in the dumps sadly sorry Chikorita ,but I guess you're not cool enough jk :p I think she is cool ,but isn't picked much a lot I never really battled someone with a Meganium in Pokémon Y,Alpha Sapphire, nor Sun and Moon poor Chikorita hopefully you get more attention once Gold and Silver virtual console games come out this September and I think every pokemon should get some attention not only the shinies and legendaries.

Reactions: Alegria
The gen 4 starters.

I think that the most forgettable starter has to be Rowlett from Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I think of it as forgettable because most of the time I can't remember it's type for it's later evolutions whenever my game's Hau sends him out, his second evolution form is hideous, and it's so laughingly weak I can take him down using my Incineroar's Darkest Liarat no problem, Z-charged or not.

Plus, Decidueye just sounds like a better name for a Sableye evolution, don't you think?
I wouldn't say that. Rowlett was one of the most hyped starters on the game's launch lol. Heck from what I saw the most hated starter on Sun and Moons launch was Litten for looking like another Fire/Fighting type. I'll admit Rowlette is up there for most forgettable, but there are alot of pokemon above it for that title

Reactions: Alegria and Aura Knight
I wouldn't say that. Rowlett was one of the most hyped starters on the game's launch lol. Heck from what I saw the most hated starter on Sun and Moons launch was Litten for looking like another Fire/Fighting type. I'll admit Rowlette is up there for most forgettable, but there are alot of pokemon above it for that title
I must admit that having had too many fire/fightings, even knowing that Litten wasn't one, I didn't want to have it...

I think tepig was the least memorable for me. I didn't like it's design at all, and it was our 3rd fire fighting starter in a row. It's really the only starter I hate. Maybe if I liked fire types more I'd like it, since I am a fan of the water types in every gen except gen 2 (chikorita baby).

I think tepig was the least memorable for me. I didn't like it's design at all, and it was our 3rd fire fighting starter in a row. It's really the only starter I hate. Maybe if I liked fire types more I'd like it, since I am a fan of the water types in every gen except gen 2 (chikorita baby).
Tepig is one I hear alot about people hating. I don't think the design of it is too bad, if anything it just feels too simple, but ya its type should have been a bit more creative.

Reactions: Alegria
Back