• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
If you haven't started running yet, there's more \ D: /

XSBz0Q7.jpg

Unfortunately, the MS Paint we love and just hate, but mostly love because we've all made some hilarious drawings on it that would make you want to slap your virtual dragon, is no longer going to be included in Windows and will no longer be developed further.

The good news is...

We're getting a replacement that's supposedly going to be better :sneaky: This replacement is going to be called Paint 3D... and I don't know too much about it yet.

Even though I'll miss MS Paint when I don't even use it regularly, I hope Paint 3D keeps the quality of images that I re-size because PS takes its good few seconds to open when MS Paint pops open like a flick of a finger.

Reactions: Mizunil and 18
MS Paint isn't 100% going though, it'll be available for free on the windows store to download \o/ (Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40714395)

Everyone has at least a little bit of love for Paint, it's just something that's always been there and can become very useful in times. It's a tool, like you said Marc, that can be opened pretty much instantly, and doesn't use very much of your computer resources (as long as what you're doing isn't terribly intensive :p)

But really, it's good to see MS keeping Paint around for longer, even if it is optional. I guess we'll just have to see what the new paint 3D is like.

I still remember when I used Paint for the first time... it was quite basic compared to some others like GIMP or Photoshop, but I enjoyed it in the past when I was a kid. I hope Microsoft's next iteration of Paint will be much better, even though I'm still glad they decided to keep the classic one in Windows Store.

Back