My Game! ( Plus Potatoes ^~^ )

• Thread starter SmashChamp
  • Start date
SmashChamp

SmashChamp

If life gives you pickles, you should eat them.
Towns Folk
2ldab1z.jpg

Game title: I have no idea ATM ( Suggestions are welcome! )
If ESRB rated it, I'd predict: E-10+. Would surprise me if rated T or E.
I might put a price on it if I release it on steam, but pedians get it for free!

Plot

Herous, the main character is a member of a Knight's Guild. At first, you simply take requests and explore dungeons to fill up the enemy book. Although, after a short while, when exploring a sealed-off place, he realizes he holds a hidden secret inside of him... I didn't want to do too much here, because I'm terrible at explaining plot >.< and I want allot of it to be a surprise., since at first, it isn't super story driven, but after a bit... I plan on things going bizarre! But of course, not super-fast, the st0ry thickens slowly...

Features and Gameplay

Every character's unique. I plan on having a unique feature about each character. There are 3 battle styles. I've decided on CTB ( Charge Turn Battle ) as the main battle style.

There are 2 other battle systems for different occasions.

CTB

3vrpe.jpg

As you can see in the photo, at the top right, it shows the turn order. After you input an action, it'll be executed right away, then the unit will be pushed back in the turn order, letting the next unit attack. There are skill that effect this order, like one that pushes a foe further back in the turn order, or lets an ally advance in the turn order. This is the default battle system, so it's used in most battles.

ATB

25pkcjl.jpg

ATB ( Active Turn Battle ) may be a battle style many of you that play Final Fantasy will recognize. It's the battle system used in Final Fantasy V, ( and I think some others! ) Anyways, for those unfamiliar with this system, it'll start out with your gauge filling up. Once your gauge is full, you can chose your action, your second gauge will fill up, and once it's full, your action will be executed. Some skills effect how the ATB gauge fills.

Theatrym

No picture yet, and this style is not guarenteed to be in the game. It's causing an error, and I'm trying to track it down. It may not be compatible with my plugin, but it's hard for me to see instructions other then in the demo, since the scripts help file is in a different language. Anyways, it's a rhythm based battle system, keys to press will fly across the screen, there are three rows, each with a circle. When the button comes, press it to attack. You can get a Miss, Good, or Critical! Missing Let's the enemy unleash an attack on you, Good let's you attack, and Critical let's you attack and deal a critical blow!

Maps

357ewli.jpg

You're always on a map, unless in battle. The maps are in high-quality sprites, and there is simple 4 direction movement ( May add in 8 direction movement! ) Like normal, there are NPCs to talk too, shops to buy and sell items, and dungeons. Normally, dungeons are either rooms which can transfer you to different rooms. And there is also mazes. They aren't too terrible, don't worry :D A majority of them have puzzles to solve, from stealing clues from enemies to make up a code, to pushing crystals and matching them to there appropriate colored rocks! Every dungeon ends with a unique and fun Boss Fight!

Features

There's allot of gameplay, so I'm gonna talk about features this game has!

⦁ 2 different parties to play from! They have common encounters and battles, to make things very interesting!
⦁ A crafting system, and many items to make!
⦁ A class change system, with Subclasses!
⦁ Unique skills to use, and to face!
⦁ Item Durability!
⦁ Upgrading your equipment with Orbs and Crystals.
⦁ Multiple Currencies!
⦁ Many unique characters and enemies, all with a unique backstory!
⦁ And many more!

Yes, seems pretty fun so far ( Right? ) It's been allot of fun and soon you can download a demo here!

Characters!
WIP

I will continue this thread later, I'll add in more details as the game progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AricAttack, Megalegacy98, Gary Johnson and 9 others
Sounds awesome! I hope I'll be able to get it when it comes out! :)

Sounds awesome! I hope I'll be able to get it when it comes out! :)
I'm working on the demo, so you can take a look when it's done! And I'm adding pictures and character bios soon ^~^

What program are you using for this game?

Reactions: J9794
What program are you using for this game?
RPG Maker MV, I'm using allot of plugins to ( Hopefully ) deliver a fun, unique, challenging JRPG.

I plan on keeping this thread up to date with more info.

Trust a dude from Idaho to have potatoes in his RPG. :p Best of luck, it looks good :D

Reactions: Mr. Kream, D4rkDragon and SmashChamp
I liked the part about the potatoes.

Reactions: 18 and SmashChamp
It looks really good so far! I'll definitely play the demo when you release it. Potatoes are the best HP replenishment! :p

Reactions: SmashChamp
Update on game progress!

• Added some new items, weapons, and armors to the game.
  • Made the design of the Second Dungeon, planning to add traps and enemies to the map as soon as possible.
  • First dungeon needs a few finishing touches, then it will be finished.
  • Added some new plugins.
  • Have made a few new skills and items.
  • I've planned ahead a bit for the story.
  • Squashed a few bugs.
  • Demo maps are nearly finished, just need to make the dungeon, I just need to wrap up some main game stuff then I'll be able to work a little more on the demo.
  • Worked on a few other things in the database.
  • Tweaked some things for game balance.
Allot of progress has been made, and I hope you're all excited for the Demo!

Reactions: J9794, TheYESDragon, 423 and 3 others
Did you make all the sprites yourself? If so, great job! If not, great job!

Did you make all the sprites yourself? If so, great job! If not, great job!
I didn't by myself, but I made some small edits to them. Thanks for the support!

Looking good! A typical RPG in classical style. Do you have a book of monsters? You know, a thingy where you can read up on monsters?
Is this your first game?

RPG Maker MV, I'm using allot of plugins to ( Hopefully ) deliver a fun, unique, challenging JRPG.

I plan on keeping this thread up to date with more info.
Nice, I didn't know they made a new one, I might check it up.

Nice work you did ^^

Hi! It's made with RPG Maker XP, right?

RPG Maker MV, he said it already and I quoted it, right in the post above yours ^^'

Oh, whoops!

Looking good! A typical RPG in classical style. Do you have a book of monsters? You know, a thingy where you can read up on monsters?
Is this your first game?
Yup, I've got a neat plug-in for that.

No, second, the first one was a bit of a flop though, but now I know the program really well.

I'll try to post an image of the menu book ;)

Reactions: PersonSP
Yup, I've got a neat plug-in for that.

No, second, the first one was a bit of a flop though, but now I know the program really well.

I'll try to post an image of the menu book ;)
Heh, my first game was a maze game and it was incredibly awful. I never made a game on my own since that one, but believe me yours will never be worse than that.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Nice!This is a great start for your game and it will probably start getting better and better.Just make sure that the plot makes sense.We don't need Pedians on YT making theories on a simple RPG game lol.If you're going for making it complicated then go for it bad boy ;)

This looks so cool! I need new games to play anyways. Whens it gonna be out?

Back