My opinion on RE revelations 2 vs original

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
I got resident evil revelations 2 for my switch sometime ago, and while i love both the original and this sequel, there are some things i think were much improved on the second one. Listing here to be more exact:

1- the infinite rocket launcher is accessible by both claire and barry, whereas the original only jill could use it (didn't totally regret my hell and infernal completion of course, but this did kinda suck at times in my opinion. Did it on both wii u and 3ds for this)

2- the graphics--one thing im still very pleased and impressed with. This is one of the main things besides the awesome story that made revelations 2 much more attractive to me (if i said that right)

3- the story in Revelations 2 was a lot better to me, especially with awesome characters like barry and claire being the mains here (i love them both loads, but Barry is my top pick here) which had a good twist with natalia and moira being added. The good ending in this game was too great for words in my opinion, my first time seeing the bad ending i barely kept from crying (yes this is true), omg that was terrible ! >~<

Feel free to share your opinions too ! Revelations 2 is my top pick but not everyone has to agree with me :p

Reactions: 18
It looks like a fun game and I want to pick it up but horror games is not my kind of tea, I'm a scaredy cat ;^; (I don't know how to type it)

Both are great games. RER2 was scarier though and had elements of RE6's gameplay too so it was slightly better. Andit had Claire in that really hot cowgirl outfit in Raid Mode.

Reactions: Kadaj
Both are great games. RER2 was scarier though and had elements of RE6's gameplay too so it was slightly better. Andit had Claire in that really hot cowgirl outfit in Raid Mode.

Hmm, im not one to scare real easily but i still say youre right lol. Better music for a horror game and it being more graphical with proper effects does make that agreeable to me heh :p also i thought the cowgirl outfit can only use in campaign, but i havent done raid enough to really know for sure lol. Gotta level my characters more haha XD a good early example though is episode barry first part where you have to bust the door open and you hear the music while Natalia sees something thats temporarily invisible to the player (kinda petty in my opinion, but still an example). While i agree both are great, i still like second one more :p

Back